cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a Real of fake, counterfeit Louis Vuitton t shirt?

IMG_20170731_164929_01.jpg

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Doesnt look like Vuitton's style and not their logo.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Of course it is real.  ebay does not allow fakes.

I don't know.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

You should post this on the fashion board, some of the posters there may be able to help you.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

My guess that it is counterfeit but I really am just guessing as I am not familiar with LV.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I am not seeing fine print that usually means copyright so I would say it's a fake.

(*Bleep*)
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Fake.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@cent_vin wrote:

IMG_20170731_164929_01.jpg

FAKEY FAKE FAKE

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

That shirt was NOT made by Louis Vuitton..

It's counterfeit, sorry.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

100% Counterfeit. The style was NEVER made by LV.

It can not be sold anywhere as it is illegal to sell a counterfeit.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Counterfeit means a COPY of the real thing.  In this case, there is no "real thing."  It's just a shirt decorated with the words "Louis Vuitton" and "Paris."  Not even the very famous font employed by LV.  

I suppose LV might object to the use of their company name on a clothing product, but that's about it -- unauthorized use of a name.  Certainly, LV does not make anything remotely resembling this shirt, so I cannot imagine anyone mistaking it for LV.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:

Counterfeit means a COPY of the real thing.  In this case, there is no "real thing."  It's just a shirt decorated with the words "Louis Vuitton" and "Paris."  Not even the very famous font employed by LV.  

I suppose LV might object to the use of their company name on a clothing product, but that's about it -- unauthorized use of a name.  Certainly, LV does not make anything remotely resembling this shirt, so I cannot imagine anyone mistaking it for LV.

~~C~~

That is true, however, in authenticating I've always used counterfeit or non-genuine rather than fake.

It just seems more polite to me.. I know when people are selling fakes they don't deserve manners but it's just the verbiage I usually use.  It's fairly common among the authenticators I know/and or participate with. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

~~C~~

Counterfeiting

The process of fraudulently manufacturing, altering, or distributing a product that is of lesser value than the genuine product.

Counterfeiting is a criminal offense when it involves an intent to defraud in passing off the counterfeit item.

This is an example of intent to defraud. It is meant to make a buyer think they are buying a Louis Vuitton made item.

ILLEGAL.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Reminds me of this for some reason haha.

sonic obama harry potter.jpg

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@rolenboy01  That bag is hilarious.  I am guessing from China?

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

~~C~~

That is true, however, in authenticating I've always used counterfeit or non-genuine rather than fake.

It just seems more polite to me.. I know when people are selling fakes they don't deserve manners but it's just the verbiage I usually use.  It's fairly common among the authenticators I know/and or participate with. 

In the antique toy world, there are fakes/counterfeits, and also fantasy pieces - which are toys or banks that they never made in the period.

So I would say it's a fantasy item, since it was never made by LV. Taking that into consideration, LV would either like the free advertising, or nail you with a VERO complaint. I wouldn't list it, though, seeing as the 2nd option is more likely.