cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to prevent a listing from Automatically Relisting?

I've searched for how to do this and only found posts saying there is a dropdown choice next to your listed item. I definitely do not see such a choice for my listings.

Is this another case of me needing to find a different portal for viewing (I've tried Seller Hub and normal My eBay Active ways). 

I realize I could just end a listing myself just before the time it's over, but that wouldn't make sense for an Auction item, since it's not uncommon for a buyer to wait until last second to bid.

Sorry for so many questions, I really do try to help myself before asking.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Argghhh! I give up! Seriously

(for what it's worth, I'm on Desktop PC, Windows 10, Edge - but I'm so frustrated with this whole complicated situation that I want to just forget it. What I'd expect is that I'd just be able to search eBay Help and find out how to do the job of listing. Perhaps others can, but obviously I can't)

c

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Automatic relisting of Auctions is an option that can be turned on or off by Sellers:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/relisting-items?id=4147

You cannot make this change within My eBay or the Seller Hub, you need to deselect the box when listing or Revise an active listing and untick the button.

All Fixed Price listings automatically renew every month, the only way to stop that is to end the listing manually the day before it will renew.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I'm not familiar with auctions but you can't change that setting for a fixed price/buy it now listing.

You may manually END the listing at any time.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@slippinjimmy - thank you; but I have already tried Revise and looked for a button to untick.

I also read the link you sent and it says what I already found, that there should be a drop-down choice to select next to my Active Listing  (but there isn't).

The link also has directions (copied at end of this reply) to remove automatic relisting (and I did go there (before posting and also just now again), but it really doesn't seem to do anything ... or at least gives no such indication. Perhaps it did and there is just no visibility that it did so.

Has anyone actually successfully done this?

"

How to remove automatic relisting from auction-style listings

You can remove automatic relisting from auction-style listings in Seller Hub. Here’s how:

1. Find the Active listing.
  2. Check the box beside the listing.
  3. From Actions, select Remove Automation rules.
  4. Select Remove rule.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@goaldeelocks 

Tick the box to select the item(s)

Then look UP and click on the Actions box, you'll get a drop down with "remove automation" as one of the choices.

slippinjimmy_0-1638140586896.png

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

slippinjimmy - I did exactly that (reference my last post)

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

sorry, didn't know how to explain ... essentially the Seller Hub "remove automation" appeared to do nothing.

@slippinjimmy I really do appreciate your help and have repeatedly tried to follow suggestions (which also was same thing I tried before posting).  Appears that it should work, I do see the drop down choices on the Seller Hub, but the final result is that it fails

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

goaldeelocks_0-1638142063927.png

This is a screen capture of what I see at end of the process

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@goaldeelocks wrote:

goaldeelocks_0-1638142063927.png

This is a screen capture of what I see at end of the process

I tried to edit and add more info but timed out, adding this:

MORE INFO - so I just did exactly same thing again and this time the listed item WAS displayed, but the selection box next to it was shaded out. 

I guess the only solution is to set an alarm and END Auction Listing immediately after end if it doesn't sell. 

Workaround for one-time, but really not a solution overall!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

OK, I wondered if this was going in the wrong direction because I don't think you are dealing with normal "automation rules".

Which tool are you using to do your listings? Are you doing it on a desktop?

There is the Quick listing tool, the Business listing tool and some people may be seeing the "new" listing tool (a combo of the two).

The Quick tool set a bunch of things as the default and makes it difficult to turn them off. Maybe (I don't know) if you use the Quick tool and then revise those hidden default setting might still be hidden.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Argghhh! I give up! Seriously

(for what it's worth, I'm on Desktop PC, Windows 10, Edge - but I'm so frustrated with this whole complicated situation that I want to just forget it. What I'd expect is that I'd just be able to search eBay Help and find out how to do the job of listing. Perhaps others can, but obviously I can't)

c

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Are you running Auctions or are you using Fixed Price? A lot of your FB seems to indicate that you use Fixed Price or possibly the Buy It Now option for Auctions.

With Fixed Price you can put your items in chronological order and close them near the end of each 30 day run. But it does have to be done manually, otherwise they will keep relisting and relisting.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Thank you clemowbooks - my concern is specifically for Auction listing (you’re right, I hardly ever use Auction format).  
Manually ending an Auction listing before closing time is, I think, not a good solution (bc people often snipe at last second). I only use Auction format when I’m unsure what price should be (rare or unusual items). BIN is, to me so much less stressful - largely bc

of the Option to require immediate payment t. That way you can plan on when you need to pack/ship 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I don't do auctions and I know there is a 12 hour rule or something about ending them early, but if you have no bids in the last, say 10 minutes or so, can you end an auction with no repercussions ?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 14 of 14
latest reply