cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to only offer free shipping to certain ZONES?

I have been a seller on ebay for many years. I love offering free shipping to be competitive, but when I live in oregon and someone on the EAST coast wants to buy my item. I can literally LOSE money. I can't compete with the East Coast sellers or Central on that aspect since more than 75% of my customer base is East coast. I'd like to offer free shipping to WEST COAST and be able to Discount shipping to CENTRAL / EAST Coast. But is there a way to do this???

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I *think* you can do that with the shipping rate tables. I've never used them, so I'm not sure.

Account>site preferences>shipping preferences, show>use shipping rate tables

www.ebay.com/ship/rt/

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes, the newly enhanced shipping tables can be used to set prices per state, including Free to close ones.  Go to My eBay > Account tab > Site preferences > Shipping > Use shipping rate tables

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I am on the east coast and as long I think the "total amount " item and shipping, I either bid or BIN, so I totally understand. 

@partial*eclipse & @southern*sweet*tea - can the buyers see the difference in the listing?  I am just curious if they can, TIA!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The buyers don't see anything different in the listing,  it's just another way of figuring out which postage price to show them.  Consider it  variation on flat-rate shipping, in which you show a different flat price for each of your chosen zones.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply