cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the shipping address while the package is in transit?

Buyer's Message to me:

Urgent message. Good afternoon I contact you because my Ebay page suffered a violation to my account and my address was altered. The only way that the mail can deliver the package to me is that you, through the mail page, request that it be delivered to the amended address which is this XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Thank you, let me know as soon as possible if it was possible.
I told him it is not possible but he insists that I can do something for it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

you lose seller protection if item is not delivered to address in order details

Probably a scam but If true his issue is w ebay not you.He needs to report his hijacked account to ebay

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

LOL. I needed this laugh for today.

Perhaps you should just wait at the original address for USPS to deliver, alter the address and have USPS redeliver to who knows who. Since you are already there perhaps you could just hand carry....

Seriously. This could be a scam. Never change an address.   

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Are you sure it's from one of your buyers, it reads like a scam?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Are you certain this message is from your buyer? Because if sounds like a scam that is going around where a fraudster poses as the buyer in hopes of getting a seller to alter the address. It is always urgent. Tell him to go to the security center to report this account "violation". If this is the exact message, the poor grammar and stilted choice of words is usually a dead give-away it is fraudulent.

I believe there is a way to recall the package possibly. You have to pay a fee and USPS can attempt to retrieve the package before it is delivered. If it was sent UPS or Fed Ex, they do have the capability of re-routing a package.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes, it is from Ebay message.

It does sound like a scam.

His reply to me:

The mail told me that although it is already in transit, a message can be sent through the page to be delivered to another address that is not the one that was written. If I could check if it is possible and let me know.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yup I agree with the above. Poor grammar, ASAP,  let me know.  Everything  written sounds like a scammer 100%,

just missing the word "kindly" . 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply