cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International shipping with eBay.......If Cap guns are restricted by eBay why does eBay accept sale

International shipping with eBay.......If Cap guns are restricted by eBay why does eBay accept their purchase .

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

International shipping with eBay.......If Cap guns are restricted by eBay why does eBay accept sale

It does not.  Those sellers got away.  What you say is like stating the police allow speeding.  Not true, some get caught  and get a ticket and some do not.  I  personally, have been suspended 3 days for relisting a tiny cap gun that was sealed in the package.  It even included a roll of those red paper caps.  I relisted the item after ebay closed the ad.  I would not even ship these out if it's international.  It will most likely be stopped at customs.  Refund the buyer and explain that it's not allowed in their country. Then take those guns and relist them somewhere else but not here.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@cthewanderer ,

Why even bother selling them. Just give them to the neighborhood kids. They get more fun and use out them then any adult would.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Wait, if they look like real guns, break them and throw them away.   That is why they have been restricted.  Kids have been using these plastic toys in crimes because some of them look like real guns.  The newer ones come in bright colors and do that have the plastic tip in a neon color but real guns now come in bright pink and other  bright colors.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* ,

C'mon now, I'm talking about kids under 10 years. When was the last time you read a 9 year old kid commits a crime with a cap gun?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Are you saying that a cap gun was sold to an international buyer but ebay doesn't allow them to be shipped internationally?

You don't  have any international shipping options on your listings right now so I'm confused at your title. If you don't want to sell internationally it is best to block countries. Just saying that you want to sell to the US  won't block them.

I know that when you do use ebay international shipping they do block some items that they won't ship but it seems that some have slipped through the cracks.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

"It all has to do with mental illness?"

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

To the best of my knowledge eBay does NOT restrict the sale of cap guns providing the meet the safety specifications outlined in the policy. However, if the buyer was in a foreign country since you are shipping through the EIS program it may be that EIS blocked the sale because of some import law in the particular country. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/replica-toy-prop-firearms-policy?id=5... 

Is this related to the Gonher Toy Cap Gun Western Revolver No. 122 that you just sold? What country was the buyer located in?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Israel

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I do now see ebay international shipping on your listing for the cap gun and it gives a price for shipping to Israel.  Are they rejecting the package at the international shipping center?

Do you realize that none of your other listings show that you are using ebay international shipping or any international shipping service?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Years ago, there was a child killed in the stairway of NYC public housing who had a toy gun that looked like a real gun.   He was killed by a NYC housing police officer who thought it was a real gun.  Anyway, today's 9 and 10 years are too busy on their devices to play cops and robbers.   It's a different era too.  Many parents do not want their children to play with guns.   Did you notice that in TOY STORY, Woody the Cowboy does NOT have a gun?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Israel

That explains it. Israel has some strange laws when it comes to toy guns. Even if you did manage to ship this I imagine it would get confiscated going through customs. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply