cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International shipping program fees

I'm curious if the fees (for sellers) of items you put up for auction to international bidders, have gone up? 

For instance, I sold a hockey jersey for $275 recently, and after shipping it out, when eBay updated the status of it, they reported to me that the item had sold for like $243 or something like that. I noticed that again on some other stuff I sold to someone across the Pond. 

Are there fees for American sellers that I missed? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You payout on $275 + shipping would be around $240 after eBay takes their cut. Does that make sense?

@saintpaulgolf wrote:

I'm curious if the fees (for sellers) of items you put up for auction to international bidders, have gone up? 

For instance, I sold a hockey jersey for $275 recently, and after shipping it out, when eBay updated the status of it, they reported to me that the item had sold for like $243 or something like that. I noticed that again on some other stuff I sold to someone across the Pond. 

Are there fees for American sellers that I missed? 

@saintpaulgolf 

It is possible that the $32 difference that your are noticing is the GST or VAT (taxes) paid by that foreign buyer.

eBay collects that tax from the buyer on your behalf, thwn assessing you a FVF on those taxes, and then remitting those taxes to the buyer's home country. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Selling fees based on (purchase price + shipping costs + tax ) plus 30 cent handling charge.   Also you would be charged additional 1.65% International Fee on (on total amount).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply