cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insertion fees wrongly charged by ebaymag

On May 1 & 2 I have been charged with a large number of insertion fees by ebaymag while I have 400 free listings and never opted in for paid insertion fees. Ebaymag admitted the mistake and directed me to CS for a refund.

Now the circus starts: CS keeps asking me for tons of screenshots of every (!) transaction involved, both from the ebaymag side as the money account side. A simple query by someone from eBay should do the trick.

I am desperate since nobody seems to do the right thing: simply pay my money back. This is extremely frustrating.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I'm not familiar with ebaymag.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

What is ebaymag? I have not heard of any sellers getting 400 free listings. Sellers normally get 250. Did you use more than 250?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@henscheper2 

This is the eBay dot com site (USA).

eBaymag seems to be for sellers across the pond. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Nope, I  have a  .com account that allows me to sell on regional sites.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

OP's stated location is Lithuania.  I think they need to check with someone closer to their home.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I have a . com account, so it shouldn't matter.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I used to have an account with web interpret and it didnt matter

it did not matter because I do not think they ever made me one single sale

I finally found the email and asked them to cancel me out

if you want to sell international then you just do it...its not hard at all

@henscheper2 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I don't think a .com account makes too much difference in the rules and procedures in your local area, when it is a different country.  ebay-uk and -au and -de, etc. all have some different rules and policies.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@henscheper2 wrote:

On May 1 & 2 I have been charged with a large number of insertion fees by ebaymag while I have 400 free listings and never opted in for paid insertion fees. Ebaymag admitted the mistake and directed me to CS for a refund.

I see you have 316 active listings. 

What level of store subscription do you have that gives you 400 free insertions each month? 

On the .com site, a starter store gives you 250 free insertions and a basic store gives you 1,000. 

Are you sure you are not confusing your selling limits with your free insertions? The two are not the same thing. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

400 through a promo

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Wait for a few days. It'll probably be resolved.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I have the same problem. eBay and eBaymag scammed me and damaged me financially with insertion fees that were lied to me that they will be free. Total scam and no help from customer support, they only lie to me and they do nothing to charge back the fees from this crime.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@numizmarket 

Contact ebay through their Facebook page to get your fees refunded. The regular phone support usually hasn't been trained very well.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply