cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian Motorcycle Listing.............Glitch of All Time!

Listing a nice item from the Indian Motorcycle Company.  Dated 1940.  There is a sub-category for this company under Collectibles-Transportation-Motorcycles-Indian.  Hit the list button and alert came up that the item must be listed in the Native American category by tribal name.  What?  I removed the word Indian from my title and the listing was accepted.  My neck gets sore from shaking my head over some of the things that happen with eBay.  It is always something.   I will keep my fingers crossed that the Indian Motorcycle collectors find the item.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Dang. Can you trick it? Go in and revise the listing?? The Indian name really should be there, I'm just sayin'...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Dang. Can you trick it? Go in and revise the listing?? The Indian name really should be there, I'm just sayin'...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@budstewart 

Other people don't seem to be having this issue.  Perhaps it is a new "bot du jour" taking over.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l2632&_nkw=indian+motorcycle&_sacat=...

Have you tried to "revise" your item and add the word back in?  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

what a bummer.  Indian needs to be in the name.  I remember my Dad had an Indian bike back in the day.  THey were nice bikes

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@budstewart, the Alert seems to always come up if you have the word "Indian" in the title, and it's in any other category. Other sellers have reported that they could still post the listing, because it was just a warning, not an error message. Try revising the listing and put the brand name back in the title, and just click through the warning and post it anyway.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Looks like this major glitch of all time actually works.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Many thanks to all who suggested I revise the item.  I just revised the listing and it worked!  There are some good folks here.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@budstewart, the Alert seems to always come up if you have the word "Indian" in the title, and it's in any other category. Other sellers have reported that they could still post the listing, because it was just a warning, not an error message. Try revising the listing and put the brand name back in the title, and just click through the warning and post it anyway.

Looks like it worked.

image.png

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@budstewart wrote:

Many thanks to all who suggested I revise the item.  I just revised the listing and it worked!  There are some good folks here.

@budstewart 

And some of us good folks are even wearing Indian motorcycle T-shirts as we type. It was the perfect storm...

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

this one is a warning and you can usually click past it to do your listing.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Think outside the box.  Hmmm, what could someone do to modify a word in a title so the bots won't see it?  For instance, all sorts of stamp sellers list stamps by adding a number in front of the name of the country such as 1Cuba.    I have no idea if other 1Indian Motorcycle parts or accessory sellers do this but it might be worth looking.  Btw, 23Cuba was popular for a few weeks.  I was honest and asked ebay for permission to list 1000 stamps from Cuba yet was denied.  

I get a similar warning when listing WWII memorabilia because they are afraid it might be 1natzi related.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I guess if I list some Indian Head Pennies, I should call them Native American Head Pennies and change it later!

-------------
Posting ID
Message 12 of 12
latest reply