cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the world of signature conformation what does this mean?

NO AUTHORIZED RECIPIENT AVAILABLE

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

They knocked and no one answered the door.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

It means that no one had an ID to show the postman that matches up with the name on the package.........

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

They won't let kids sign for your wine-of-the-month club purchase, so possibly post person didn't feel he could leave package with whomever answered door. Or maybe no one answered at all.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

They probably just didn't notice that the item was on its way nothing but the bestest buyers on ebay....

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

I did put it in a branded ebay mother in law box something everyone wants to slap...

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I would send the buyer a note saying the PO attempted delivery, but the package needs a signature and that the buyer should call the PO to reschedule delivery or have the package held at the PO so they can pick it up.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

It depends on what kind of signature confirmation you chose. If you chose basic confirmation, pretty much any adult can sign for it. The others can be a hassle. 

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

copper they were told Friday it would be there Monday morning,but I suspect they weren't planning on signing for it and need some time to regroup and rethink.....

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

"......need some time to regroup and rethink....."

So it does sound like a legit ebay delivery.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

FEDEX drivers have to look at an ID, so do some postal workers on certain packages.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

For USPS Signature Confirmation deliveries, the carrier just needs a signature from any adult at that address. Restricted Delivery is the service that only delivers to the person(s) named on the label, so that would require an ID, but Restricted is not available through the eBay/PayPal shipping interface (AFAIK), just the normal SC. Maybe no one answered the door.
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

"It means that no one had an ID to show the postman that matches up with the name on the package"

False.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

"FEDEX drivers have to look at an ID"

False.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

No, you're wrong, if the postal worker presses it, he can ask for an ID on signature required, go to the post office and find out when you pick one up at the counter.

You have no idea what you are talking about, I have had FedEx drivers ID me on deliveries that require signature.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply