cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate Payment for Buy It Now?

Imagine my surprise after waiting two days so far for someone to pay after I accepted their best offer when I looked and saw that there is no box for "Immediate Payment after an Offer is Accepted". Is this something only offered as a buyer and has just been talked about to sellers? 

I actually don't remember what I've read. This is the downside to reading so many of these posts lol. Anyways, if it's not a real thing, it should be. I had an item at auction starting at $110. After a few weeks, I accepted an offer of $107.50. Two days later, I'm still waiting for payment. It seems if I have to remove something from view by accepting someone's offer, shouldn't they be expected to pay right away? Otherwise, it's like I'm just holding it for them, but with no deposit. 

If I'm looking at this incorrectly, someone please realign me .

Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

In order for your buyers to pay immediately when you accept their offer you need to have that requirement checked in your buyer requirement page. 
IMG_1599.png

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

If you send an offer to a buyer and they accept then Immediate Payment isn't required. It's kind of silly actually. It would be easy enough to make it required (if you already had IPR enabled). The item should just stay active until they pay and if someone else comes along and buys it well, whoever paid up gets the item.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Obviously paying as  quickly as possible is the right thing to do but in emails to buyers and their published policy Ebay tells them to pay within four days. 

"When you buy an item on eBay, whether you won an auction or used Buy It Now, you'll need to pay the seller within 4 days."  https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/paying-items?id=4009

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I have that last box checked but it just requires that they have a payment method.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I didn't send an offer to them.

I accepted their offer.

However, I don't see anything to check a box for immediate payment.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I have that last box checked but it just requires that they have a payment method.

Actually if you have the box checked and there is an offer and acceptance and IPR is checked then the auto-pay kicks in once the agreement is reached. 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Actually if you have the box checked and there is an offer and acceptance and IPR is checked then the auto-pay kicks in once the agreement is reached.

But where is the IPR box?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

There isn't one.  It's just the one setting for everything.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@antflan77 wrote:

But where is the IPR box?

See post 2 above, that's all you need to turn on.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

This is what my Buyer Payment Requirement looks like:

Buyer Payment Requirements

Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer.
(And there is a box to check)
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@antflan77 wrote:

This is what my Buyer Payment Requirement looks like:

Buyer Payment Requirements

Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer.
(And there is a box to check)

@antflan77 

Here is the link you're looking for. >> Buyer Management | eBay

ETA: Account Settings/Selling Preferences/Your Buyers/Managing who can buy from you... then Edit and Submit.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I'm sorry to be a pain, but there is nothing on my Buyer Management page to choose regarding the immediate payment required. Just a box saying that a buyer must have a payment method provided before making an offer.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I'm sorry to be a pain, but there is nothing on my Buyer Management page to choose regarding the immediate payment required. Just a box saying that a buyer must have a payment method provided before making an offer.

The IPR is at the bottom of the individual listing.  

dbfolks166mt_0-1713390484853.png

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Okay, the Payment Policy section.

Got it, thanks for your patience!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply