cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If 3rd Quarter meant to pick up, we are having the worst start for the month

Hello Sellers - 10/13/19 is getting put to bed and we had 5 days of sale - all under $50 day --- not even $200 for the month for 13 days.  No sale since the 9th.  Very discouraging.  

How about you guys?  Nothing changed on our part.  Same price reductions and offers but no sale --- one or two low offers.  We don't take.  

Never in our history had it this bad -- we were having $100 or more days.  No more.  Not sure the GTC is making listings not to show.  We have been listing new items but nothing helps.

Hello moderator, what is going on.  Why no sale for 4 days now.  We will at least sell one item but nothing for days.  In Oct alone we had 8 no sale days and it is the 13th.  Wow.

Good luck to you guys --- almost like the last year's 3rd quarter --- got bad late Nov and Dec.  This year starting early.   Best wishes and early happy Halloween.  

Ebay mods, can you look into this?  Fees are being charged -- no sale.  What gives?  Thanks

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

With GTC you have to be using promoted listings to gain additional visibility. My sales dropped at the end of summer as usual. Then slowly started picking up the last few weeks. A few weeks ago my sales showed red and down from the last month and year. Now they are green for both the last month and year. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Actually it's fourth quarter and now is the time to ramp up -- our sales are down as well; hopefully it will pick up.  We did quite well over the summer -- but around September 9th was when our sales tanked a few here and there but nothing to write home about.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

The only change I've made is to stop relisting what no one wanted anyway.

I have two coins selling for less than $ 50 Yippie.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Explain to me how promoted listings increases visibility with the GTC program?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I was wondering the same thing, it's like a spicket turned off.  I  looked at the categories I used and switched a few items around to see if that may help. Ran a promotion. Wondering if maybe I am just getting buried by the mass marketers? 

Looking at other venues to drive views, any suggestions would be helpful. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

promoted listings is just another scam ! when a seller list an item it should have the same chance it always did to be found ! I wonder if the sellers from china selling that junk gets a view ? likely it does !!

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@vintagemelrose2009 

The 3rd quarter started July 1, 2019.

Sales activity is never a  constant  trend but more like teh   up & down movement of a  o-you.  What sold like "hot cakes" yesterday may not be  hot today - buyers are funny that way.

As I like  to  say Hula Hoops sales were not for ever - here is a bit of history on  what happened  https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/hula-hoop-patented.  i was 12 when the craze hit everyone had a one even my Mom.  Stores could keep them  in stock, then soon they couldn't give them away.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

One more thing - clothing is a very  price competitive market. B & M retailers are offering big  discounts this time of year on NEW stuff and the items  can be readily exchanged if bought  as a gift.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Not doing well either. This is insane now.  Slowest i've ever been. Not even worth the price of the store. and mu endless hrs listing stuff. I have a question another seller noticed is that the gross amt  ebay is showing in sales for us  now includes Taxes? Apparently then it will go on our 1044 form? How are we to figure this at income tax time and  how come this is added to our gross and also shipping which is not right?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@vintagemelrose2009 wrote:

Ebay mods, can you look into this? 

The moderators on this message board moderate this messageboard.

They cannot fix your sales. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@vintagemelrose2009 wrote:

Not sure the GTC is making listings not to show.  We have been listing new items but nothing helps.

I searched your footjoy rain vest by searching footjoy rain vest which returned 35 results. 

Under Best Match, it is at #30 out of  35 listings - 6th from the bottom. 

Under Lowest Price, it is at #31 out of  35 listings - 5th from the bottom. 

Of the 19 sold items that the same search returns, your current price is 50% higher than 16 of them. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Your 1099 form shows all the money deposited in your Paypal account.  It doesn't show your adjusted income.  You need to take the appropriate deductions on your tax forms.  As to shipping being taxed - that depends on the law in the state where the buyer lives.  Some states tax shipping, others don't. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

that is an error on e-bay's part -- when a retailer collect sales tax - they record revenue or income for the price of item and set up a liability in their books for the sales tax collected to pay to the tax authority.  when they pay, they relieve the liability so sales tax is an in and out item - no effect on revenue/income.  but since e-bay collects ours and submit -- for their ease of accounting- they programmed this wrong.  --- this way they get the total amount that is being charged to buyer -- price plus sales tax.  but they should not add to our sales dollars --- since we never even see a cent of it.  programmers not understanding how accounting works.  

as for 1099, i think you get it from paypal and not e-bay unless e-bay is doing managed payments -- you know no paypal but get your money from e-bay thru managed payments, etc. then you will get the 1099 from e-bay.

Let's hope they record that properly otherwise -- e-bay or paypal will be committing wrong doing reporting wrong income in 1099 for sellers --- a no no for IRS and for any public or even small co.  to give out wrong amount on W-2 or 1099.  cheers

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

think again -- they are here to spot issues and look into issues by passing to the right dept --- the next day we had sales after 4 days of no sales --- they saw it a valid complaint and brought it to someone's attention.  now we have sale every day--- even if one item per day.  Don't underestimate what they do ... they are here to spot issues --- i am sure you know they bring issue to the programmers or others to look into.  a seller who at least sell one item per day does not sale for 8 days in Oct. I consider that an issue -- if I am the moderator.  there you go.. thanks ---sales people --- we have our regular sales even if $$ is not there or the volume as years back.  cheers

Message 15 of 15
latest reply