cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS IT ALLOWED TO SALE ON EBAY WALLMART,HOME DEPOT,TARGET,BEST BUY ETC...

minchi_80
Adventurer

Dear Community,

i am new seller on eBay IS IT ALLOWED TO SALE ON EBAY WALLMART,HOME DEPOT,TARGET,BEST BUY ETC...

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@minchi_80 

No. It is a violation of eBay policy to "dropship" from other online retail websites.

Sellers must have the items in their possession and ship them from a static location or locations, or they must have a written contract/agreement with a manufacturer or authorized supplier who will ship the item(s) for the sellers.

It is a violation for a seller to receive an order for an item, go to another website (like Walmart, Home Depot, Target or Best Buy), and purchase the item for shipment to the eBay buyer.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

gjs_16
Guide

How would you propose the items you are question to allowing etc?

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Not sure what you're asking.  If what you would like to do is drop ship from those retailers, it's not a good idea, especially given your location, since you're going to need to get permission from your government to sell to begin with.  

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@minchi_80 wrote:

Dear Community,

i am new seller on eBay IS IT ALLOWED TO SALE ON EBAY WALLMART,HOME DEPOT,TARGET,BEST BUY ETC...

No, you are not allowed to place an order at any of those stores to fulfill a sale on eBay.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Why would "WALLMART,HOME DEPOT,TARGET,BEST BUY ETC..." want items from eBay? They all have their own sources for purchasing Made in China "stuff".

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@minchi_80 wrote:

WalMart is worth $422 billion. The fees on that sale would be $52,961,000,000 plus 30 cents.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@minchi_80 

You can probably sell on those sites, but they are already overrun with cheep junk from China.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@minchi_80 wrote:

WalMart is worth $422 billion. The fees on that sale would be $52,961,000,000 plus 30 cents.

There's a cap on the FVF. Selling Walmart here would be very inexpensive. Maybe I should list that.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@minchi_80 

No. It is a violation of eBay policy to "dropship" from other online retail websites.

Sellers must have the items in their possession and ship them from a static location or locations, or they must have a written contract/agreement with a manufacturer or authorized supplier who will ship the item(s) for the sellers.

It is a violation for a seller to receive an order for an item, go to another website (like Walmart, Home Depot, Target or Best Buy), and purchase the item for shipment to the eBay buyer.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@minchi_80 wrote:

🤣

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@releasethekraken_1 wrote:

There's a cap on the FVF. Selling Walmart here would be very inexpensive. Maybe I should list that.

Yeah, I thought about that.

But the comedic appeal of tacking "plus 30 cents" onto the end of $52 billion was just too great 🙂

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

I don't even understand what the OP is asking.

If indeed they intend to drop ship, you have to ask yourself why in the heck would anyone come on eBay and buy items from some new seller with no feedback that they can already buy from those stores' own websites and have much better buyer protection?  

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

To make money on eBay you have to find something unique that isn't found everywhere.  Stuff from the stores mentioned is easy to acquire online and B&M shopping.   Nobody needs a middleman is purcashing everyday items.  Few buyers are that dumb....  just sellers.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@minchi_80 wrote:

Dear Community,

You can buy something from a retailer like Walmart (and have the item in your possession) and then sell it on eBay; there is no prohibition against that.

However, it is very problematic to sell something that is not physically in your possession and relying on a retailer like Walmart to fulfill the order for you once you have made a sale on eBay. The number one problem that I see is suppose the retailer is out of stock of the item you sold on eBay. You're then forced to cancel the sale or try to find the same item at a lower or comparable price.

Secondly, you have no control over when the retailer will ship the item. I placed an order (for myself) with a large home improvement retailer and was given an estimated date of delivery.  About one week after the estimated date of delivery I still hadn't received the item. I contacted the retailer only to find out  they forwarded my order to  a supplier to be fulfilled.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@luckythewinner 

I'm wondering if delivery would be a problem  and what the chances are of an INR?

Things that make one go 'hmmmmmm' in the night.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 15 of 23
latest reply