cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR Dispute with CC through PP - Is there PP seller protection

Last week I had a buyer contact me about a package thats showed delivered.  I have her the usual about contacting neighbors etc and having the USPS do a GPS track on the delivery.  She lives in an apartment in NY and from a google search I can find that its a pretty decent size complex.

I told her that once it shows delivered, there's nothing I can do to file an insurance claim and that she needs a safe place for her deliveries.

So she filed a dispute with her CC and I got the notification in PP today.  Any idea how these usually go?  I shipped to the confirmed address USPS Priority and it showed delivered "in/at mailbox"

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

As long as you shipped to the address on the Paypal payment, you are good to go. You don't even have to have a delivered status (unless something has changed.)  This should be a slam dunk win for you.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

As long as you shipped to the address on the Paypal payment, you are good to go. You don't even have to have a delivered status (unless something has changed.)  This should be a slam dunk win for you.

It doesn't have to show as delivered if it is an unauthorized use chargeback but this sounds like it is an item not received chargeback so I doubt that would be handled exactly the same.  I've never actually heard specifically of an inr chargeback though but I would hope that PP would cover it since there was delivery.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

It doesn't have to show as delivered if it is an unauthorized use chargeback but this sounds like it is an item not received chargeback so I doubt that would be handled exactly the same.  I've never actually heard specifically of an inr chargeback though but I would hope that PP would cover it since there was delivery.

You're right, I was thinking unauthorized use. 

Since the tracking states delivered, the seller will still win, just like on Ebay.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

With an inr chargeback you just have to show delivered to the address on the transaction if its under 750 or signature to the address over 750.  You can contact PayPal show you have this and get them to release the hold on any money 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

OK Thanks.  I'm familiar with PP's usual stance but I wasn't sure if the buyer filing with their CC changed anything.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply