cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought category changes ended?

tried 77988 and now its gone. that was Ornaments. 

I have to change out all my ornament categories during holidays?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@funfactorychannel 

Yes - back in the Spring.  Everything is now lumped together under "seasonal".   Meaning ALL seasons are now together.  There are no "ornament" sub-cats any longer.  Just seasonal.

Welcome to seasonal "hades" as I like to call it.  Make certain you use EVERY available item specific you can and add where it will let you.  Even then, this category is an abyss for some reason.  

Good luck - meant sincerely.  We are dealing with it every day and it has consumed hours and hours of my time and still not fruitful.  Which is a shame as there are less than 51 shopping days until Santa arrives.  😞

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

i read oct 12th was the cut off of anymore changes. I already changed them from June as it dropped all 5k of my items. I barely got back 2k items and now I got to redo this again?

After oct 12th the category was suppose to be tehre since its decorative collectible the category was still up as of yesterday and disappeared today.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Yes, you may have to change the categories, unless eBay has already done it (or some of it) for you in the last few weeks. The best thing is to bite the bullet and do any necessary listing modifications now, while it is still relatively early in the Christmas Holiday decor season.

The new categories for holiday ornaments is either:

Collectibles > Holiday & Seasonal > Ornaments

-or-

Home & Garden > Holiday & Seasonal Décor > Ornaments

- or both, if you want to list in both places (I do).

I was not a happy camper at all when I had to open and modify all my Hallmark ornaments listings because eBay, in their questionable wisdom, dropped the Hallmark category. And I had to make sure the name Hallmark was in the Item Specifics "Brand" box, in order for them to appear to all the Hallmark collectors in their searches.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay's "change for the sake of change" has cost sellers hours, days, and even weeks of frustrating category and item specifics work. It would have been much better if eBay had just kept their grubby mitts off the categories that were working just fine before the disastrous train wreck over the last month or two.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Have not seen "decorative collectibles".....it is just all lumped together.  Seasonal - ornaments.  Any season, any type, no more hallmark or waterford or vintage or whatever.  Lumped.

I will go look at some of ours - we only have about 480 up on here now - moved most of them to the River back in July.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

For "ornaments" there are still just 2 - this is a Harry Potter Castle ornament and these are my choices:

• Collectibles > Holiday & Seasonal > Ornaments
  • Collectibles > Decorative Collectibles > Other Decorative Collectibles
  • Collectibles > Fantasy, Mythical & Magic > Other Fantasy Collectibles
  • Collectibles > Fantasy, Mythical & Magic > Harry Potter
  • Home & Garden > Holiday & Seasonal Décor > Ornaments

Under "decorative collectibles" I have not seen an "ornament" choice since the Spring category dump.  You can choose "other decorative collectibles"...is that what you mean?  If you type in "ornaments" only the 2 and I have not used Home and Garden - mostly as FREE listings apply to Collectibles.  In Home and Garden, you only get free in Greeting Cards/Party or something weird.  I want the "free" ones.

Posting ID Only.......
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It is two now, but yesterday and day before i can pick 77988. When I was relisting from all the items that the drop in may/june. That option continuously was still selectable.

Collectibles > Decorative Collectibles >Ornaments

Their cutoff was suppose to be oct 12 for category changes. I even waited pass that to see if it got drop off and it didnt.

It just waste a lot of sellers time redoing it yet again. I just don't want to redo everything again after just redoing everything. But no choice, its Q4, most of sellers best months.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I changed it all in ebay. But I used inkfrog so guess will wait and see if changes take in as well. just praying. lol 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@funfactorychannel 

Good luck - for months, all I have had were the (2) and I never used the one as it was not counted as a "free" listing.  

Hope it "sticks" as they say and no more weird changes for you or the rest of us!

Happy Holidays Sales!  Hope they are Faboo!!!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 10 of 10
latest reply