cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I'm about to get scammed by a buyer

A buyer I later saw only had a feedback score of 1 bought my item, a very old toy NIB for  few hundred dollars.

Paid immediately.

Messaged me the other day saying they believed it was a repro because of the font. (it's not) Its just old. I have many others that look the same. 

In the message they say they want a return but would like to take it to get it authenticated before they return it in case it is not repro. They ask if this is ok.  I immediately message back in the return widget and say that I welcome it being authenticated and Im sorry they feel this way.

No response all week. I sent them another message yesterday reminding them of the details and asking for an update. Nothing. Ebay says I must respond by tonight. Is the first message considered a response? Also, I don't accept returns, so they say its not as described. I included MANY up close pictures of the item in the listing.

In short (or long) Im scared Im about to get ripped off. This was my first sale in forever, did I mess up? Advice?

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

In My Opinion you should have just Said "Please Return the Toy for a Refund"..

and Not allowed the item to remain in the hands of a Buyer who

seems to know nothing about it...To whom are they taking the Toy for Authentication??

I hope eBay does Not allow the Buyer to Keep the Toy and you Lose your Payment

..for Not Accepting the Return Immediately and Sending a Return Label. On eBay..Buyers may Return anything for any reason..even if you say No Returns...No Returns does not mean No Refunds...I hope this works out for you but I would be concerned.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If it is a claim as "Item not as described"...seller has to accept return and provide prepaid return label. Buyer has to return it with your prepaid return label. If buyer doesn't return it then you will not be charged for label.

If you do nothing eBay steps in and refunds them and buyer keeps the item as well..."no returns"...so buyer sees the "no returns". Photos mean nothing.

"No returns" does not mean no returns on eBay.

"First message"...when does eBay tell you to do something?...that is when you need to do something by that date and not afterwards.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Right now, you need to accept the return and provide a shipping label, then leave it up to the buyer to ship it back or keep it.

If you don't, Ebay could refund them from your account and let them keep it.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 4
latest reply