cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm about to set a record. Congratulate me.

This is my 20th year as a seller on eBay. My bill last month was $11.47, which is a new record low; but this month is on target to hit $6.82 ($1.87 in sales + $4.95 for a recently downgraded store).

Fortunately, my online business did okay elsewhere: $122,000 in net income for the year.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@whatmodernwas wrote:

This is my 20th year as a seller on eBay. My bill last month was $11.47, which is a new record low; but this month is on target to hit $6.82 ($1.87 in sales + $4.95 for a recently downgraded store).

Fortunately, my online business did okay elsewhere: $122,000 in net income for the year.

Congrats for that.

About 10 years ago, I moved my money making genre to other sites and changed my merchandise on ebay.   As time went on, I hit a very steady amount and kept tweaking the merchandise I was selling here.  But over the course of a couple of years as my sales on ebay went down, my sales elsewhere went up.  Depending on the season my sales on ebay come in second, third or even 4th.  But every item I sell is more money in my pocket, so as long as ebay gives me some sales to justify the work, I'll sell here.

(*Bleep*)
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@whatmodernwas wrote:

If I was selling $10,000 a month elsewhere and less than $100 a month on eBay, I wouldn't spend another second on this site.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@whatmodernwas wrote:

If I was selling $10,000 a month elsewhere and less than $100 a month on eBay, I wouldn't spend another second on this site.

If I were selling $10,000 a YEAR anywhere else I wouldn't spend another second here lol

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I congratulate you on your online business elsewhere.

As for here, I am so sorry!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Congratulations! I love to hear the good news stories here. Nice work!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

How many items did you have listed on ebay in the past month?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

How many items did you have listed on ebay in the past month?

155 items (About $25,000 in value). I’m a small seller. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply