cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got dem ol' Neutral Feedback blues again, mama.

Buyer left me neutral feedback, but stated in their description of their experience nothing but a positive, noting: "Will buy from again!"

Seems odd and I'm not really going to do anything about it.  I just thanked the buyer in a reply and I'll move on. 

I know we're not mind readers and I'm not going to spend time thinking about it (other than leaving a message here, I guess) It's just perplexing why they'd leave that feedback - do you think buyers don't think about the impact or am I too worried about the impact? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm like you and these things bother me but I try not to fixate on it for too long. Could have been a completely innocent mistake. Or some buyers don't like that they had to pay for an item at all so they like to give someone a little less than perfect on their rating. Which is obviously **bleep** but a neutral should not really affect you or me so best to just be happy most people aren't petty like this. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Well, in some people's minds the choices in common language might be: Bad, OK Average, or Superior.  i.e. - negative, neutral, positive.

I have had feedback where the buyer left no message at all. Just a period to satisfy the need to write something.

And, yes you are too worried. A neutral does not affect your % and anyone who takes the time to read it will come away without any negative opinions.

There are REAL things to be concerned about =- this isn't one of them.

Something about water off a duck comes to mind.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

EBay does not use Feedback to assess your account.

Neutrals do not affect your FB rating.

Responses draw attention to the comment. It is best only to Respond to positive comments, if any.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I had a similar situation a month ago, same thing, except it was negative. Send a message, the buyer confirmed a mistake and said he would do whatever he can to fix it. So I filed for a revision via ebay and got a message from ebay that a request was sent to the buyer and he had, I think, 5 days to revise it. I don't know why, but buyer did not respond at all and I did not want to bother them anymore (perhaps they got ill).

I basically forgot about it, but about two weeks later I decided to ask ebay to remove it. Stated that it was a mistake and copied the message from the buyer. In about 4 hours, I got the message that they removed the feedback. And the negative FB was gone.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply