cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent Account Restrictions and Suspensions

I have been an eBay seller for over 20 yrs.  One of my main objectives is to have 100% satisfied customers and to remain in good standings with eBay.  I have 100% positive feedback and am a #1 Rated Seller with eBay.  However I keep getting suspended for "restricted" items.  But my products are not restricted as eBay even provide the proper category for the item.  Does anyone know of a screening tool of some sort to prevent this.  I don't know why eBay permits the posting of listing if 1 year later the suspend me for listing it.  

I'm so confused with this.  Any help would be appricated

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What are you listing that is getting you suspended?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Not an expert in this area but it did happen to me. You need to post which items were removed and what email you received from ebay.

When ebay removed one of my items, I got a clear explanation what was the issue and how to avoid repeating the same violation again.

Specifically, I sell antique prints and a number of them are the Renaissance works of art with nude bodies. There is a category on ebay "Nudes" and I did list it in that category. But ebay informed me, that in addition to listing them in that category, in the Specifics, under "subject" I also have to specify "nudes".  So just because you list in a category that ebay does have, does not mean you can not violate other ebay rules.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You need to know which medical items are subject to prescription requirements.

There is no tool I know of. You need to have the expertise.

You need to use language in your listings which does not fool a bot into thinking your non-prescription device requires a prescription. You need experience.

You need to avoid trying to relist past errors, whether deliberately or inadvertently. You need a memory.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I am listing portable ultrasound machines.  These do not require a prescription and eBay has the appropriate category for them. I am sure to always include the necessary disclaimer.  Its so hard to have a business using eBay when they inadvertently just suspend you without recourse.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Looks like it depends on what kind it is?

Some of them do require a prescription and some you have to be licensed to use them.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Jfyi, eBay only allows so many suspensions before it becomes permanent,  be very careful from here on out.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I have been suspended multiple times for selling "counterfeit" sports cards.  I am on my second 10-day suspension. I have called multiple times to appeal the suspension, because every one of my suspensions was for cards purchased on eBay.  On every occasion I was advised that a supervisor would get in touch with me in 24-48 hours. Of the approximately 10 times that I have called to appeal a suspension, I have NEVER received a call back or a message from them.  I have 100% positive feedback and would never intentionally sell something that isn't legitimate, but how do you tell? I think eBay is guessing at my expense. I have been with eBay for 24 years and they treat me like this? Do supervisors even exist? I am beginning to wonder. I have 280 items listed. They search until they find one, they don't search all. Therefore, I can get suspended for an item that was listed during their last search because they don't look at all of the items you have. This seems very unfair, and I am very frustrated.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@jtee75 

They may be permitted to sell on eBay, however you may have to be an authorized vendor to sell these items.  You may want to check it out and see what is required to sell these items.  I've seen anesthesia pumps listed here and am surprised Ebay allows them to be listed at all.  I can see lots of problems on down the road with these types of items being sold here. JMO.

Happy Selling

Message 9 of 9
latest reply