cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open unpaid item dispute

I haven't had an issue with this in the past, but I can't find the link now to open an unpaid item dispute for an unpaid item. Can someone help? Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is now changed. You have to wait 4 days, then on the 5th you can cancel the order, select buyer did not pay. The buyer did not pay option is not available until the waiting time of 4 days are over. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@gal220joy 

>I can't find the link now to open an unpaid item dispute

You can't find it because eBay eliminated it, replacing it with an automatic item cancellation after 4 days. eBay says the deadbeat buyer still gets an unpaid item strike, but who can say? Sellers are not allowed to see how may unpaid item strikes a prospective buyer has, so whats the use? Just another way for eBay to remove the few seller protections we still have.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Sellers may not be able to see how many unpaid strikes a buyer has, but, if a seller has his restrictions set correctly, he will not be selling to a buyer who has had two strikes in twelve months.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

This is now changed. You have to wait 4 days, then on the 5th you can cancel the order, select buyer did not pay. The buyer did not pay option is not available until the waiting time of 4 days are over. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Ask a mentor

-------------
Posting ID
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Or just read the updates. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@bimm_corp wrote:

@gal220joy 

>I can't find the link now to open an unpaid item dispute

You can't find it because eBay eliminated it, replacing it with an automatic item cancellation after 4 days. eBay says the deadbeat buyer still gets an unpaid item strike, but who can say? Sellers are not allowed to see how may unpaid item strikes a prospective buyer has, so whats the use? Just another way for eBay to remove the few seller protections we still have.

It is not automatic unless the seller sets it up to be done automatically.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply