cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include 40 photos in one listing

I want to sell a large collection of antique cigar bands. To do so, I'd like to include about 40 photos to give an accurate idea of the range and value of the collection. How can I do this? I have seen similar listings with 'albums' of multiple photos atached, but don't know how to go about doing it myself. I've never needed more than 3 or 4 photos in a listing before. What is the preferred method? Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You can either pay eBay for extra photo insertions over 12. I don't the limit. Or you can use a photo hosting service, and cut and paste the URL and photo file numbers into your description, etc..

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Unless you're talking about self-hosted photos, what you're seeing is likely on a variation listing.   Are the pics in the gallery or embedded in the listing?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/listing-variations.html

Sellers can have up to 12 photos for each variation in the listing.

Variation listings are only available in select categories.

@jimcash314

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

What I am thinking of is a gallery or album of photos attached to the bottom of the description of the item ... not at the top next to the title. Twelve are just not enough. It probably would be self-hosted. But, how do I set that up? 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I think you just drop your pictures into the description.  Possibly copy and paste would work as well.

Not really sure but I offer it in case it may be of help.

I think I read that.

Anybody?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Get a free picture program like IrfanView

and use it to combine 4 photographs into one.

This allow your 12 pictures to show 48 different bands.

or

place all your pictures in a free online picture hosting site like PhotoBucket

and drop the link to that album into your listing.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@jimcash314 If you want to include more than 12 images, you would need to self-host them then add the appropriate code to the listing. There are sites like photobuket where you are allowed a certain amount of hosted images for free. Here is information about incorporating into your listings while adhering to the new active content ban:

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/itemdescription/bestpractices.html#ImageGalleryBestPractice

If it's just this one listing it's probably not worth the hassle. I'd take good close-ups, then combine several photos into one images as above poster suggested. Or you can photograph several of the bands together in one image - groups of 4-6. You can also include text in the listing for the buyer to ask if they need additional photos.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Additional thought - if the lot is that large, perhaps you could split it into 2 listings.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Photos are already in a Photobucket album. But, how do I get that into my listing? Is it embedded? Downloaded? I'm afraid I'm technically challenged.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Jim,

The information is posted in the link I included above. You need to copy/paste the coding text in the grey box but substitute the sample image links with your own image links from photobucket. The code needs to go on the html tab while you are listing. If you're using the quick tool you need to switch to the advanced tool.

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/itemdescription/bestpractices.html#ImageGalleryBestPractice

Message 10 of 10
latest reply