cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get more traffic to my listings. Big drop off in sales.

Hi,

I have been selling on Ebay for about a year. I started to get things really going and was getting around 1 to 2 sales per day, now these last few months, sales have sharply declined to hardly anything and traffic has fallen hugely. All my feedback has been 100% positive. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way I can improve on my listings? How can I grow my traffic and then some? I would be very happy to get some advice.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The only thing I see from your listings that I would change. It looks to me like you are either selling:
Real Leather or Soft Padded.

Per eBay your search results would be hindered for anyone searching for a dog collar. Basically you are further down the list. I would change Dog Collar to be the first words.

Soft Padded Real Leather Dog Collar Bone Charm XSmall Small Medium Large XLarge
to
Dog Collar Bone Charms Soft Padded Real Leather Various sizes.

As long as your sizes are in your variation item specifics they will come up.
Hope this helps
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I agree with the poster who said place 'dog collar' more in the beginning of the title.  People who search using the search bar will type that in first, so that might help some.

The other thing I've read on the boards, that will pertain to you, is that commonly new sellers items sell very well in the beginning, then taper off.  Whether that is true or not I can't say for sure, as I'm sure no one can. 

But my advice is to keep at it, and search for ways you can tweak your listings that will help with search placement (I didn't look to see where your items came up in search), changing title, listing durations, etc.  Maybe try some variety with auctions, fixed price, adding best offer, etc. You already have free shipping, which IMO helps too.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply