cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find someone to list items for me

Now that Trading Assistant and Valet are no longing functioning, what's the best way to find someone to list items for me on eBay? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try Google, "eBay consignment pompano beach"

Posting ID

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Looks like you sold before, why not sell them yourself?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Ken, I'm looking for someone to list for me now. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Here is a link to a previous post about this topic that might help:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Trading-Assistant/m-p/34159249#M2322423

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Try Google, "eBay consignment pompano beach"

Posting ID
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@thewalruswasrick 

With the tax requirements, return process, cost of supplies, fraudulent returns, refunds etc, that is something you will have to consider not to mention a hefty fee.  Most would want 50 percent if not more.  Not worth it as a seller in my opinion. It is doubtful anyone here will accept. Have a garage sale or donate it for a tax write off. 

Good luck to you.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Look for a family friend or relative who has spare time on their hands and teach them to list. You can agree on a part time arrangement and pay them. Hiring someone else can be a bit of a headache if you don't know them. You can add the person you find to list for you as an employee onto your ebay account so they have limited access so they can list from their own home under your account. The external services there used to be some around but they take a big cut of your profit.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you are not willing to do it for 100 percent of the net proceeds, why would you expect someone else to do it for less (say half)?

You might find a student willing to do it for maybe $15 an hour (they can work it in easier around their study/class hours) but they are also going to want a guaranteed minimum number of hours.  

Plus listing items is quite time consuming. Getting and prepping the items, photographing them, storing them efficiently so you can find them again IF they sell. Never mind packaging and shipping.

But, if you have items that are worth enough to cover paying 15 bucks or so an hour (and remember, they will want paying for the TIME, not if the item sells), then that might be the best option. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Bit more detail would help. Are you simply looking for someone to do the listings from your account and you handle the actual shipping and financials or are you looking for someone to consign the items to. Totally different answers and the later may be difficult to find. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Franken, thanks for your reply. Why do I have expectations that this can be done? Because as far as I know, there are people who will do it for (say) half, judging by what I've read. The issue is finding them. If no such people exist, then lesson learned, and I, and the community, will be better off for having been educated. 

You may be 100% correct. We'll see.  

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Both the Trading Assistants and eBay Valet programs were discontinued years ago because they didn't work. The concept was not a successful business plan. 10 to 15 years ago I think. The main issue working against those businesses was that there wasn't enough profit margin in the sales to split between 2 people in a way that satisfied both the seller and the client. The issue of chargebacks, which can claw back the payments up to 6 months later for credit card payments (sometimes longer), was also a major obstacle.

Your best bet would be to find an estate-sale company in your area, and contact them to handle your stock/inventory. Let them decide what the best way to move the items would be. You may find one that puts some items up on eBay, if they feel that's the best way to move them. Or you might want to look for an estate-sale company that has an online website of their own.

An estate-sale company should be registered and licensed in your state and municipality, so they would have things like liability insurance, experience and a local reputation that would give you some assurance against risk. A local eBay seller might not.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@thewalruswasrick wrote:

Now that Trading Assistant and Valet are no longing functioning, what's the best way to find someone to list items for me on eBay? Thanks. 

Figure out how much you are willing to pay them, and advertise locally for help. If I were to accept a job like that I I would charge $50 per hour and expect to use your selling account and bank account.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Taxes, refunds, chargebacks, lost packages, returns, questions, etc. I would not want to do it but hope you find a way.

happy 2024.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Hi db, I'm looking for someone to do everything. I would ship or deliver my items and the other person would handle everything that needs to be done. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Well, that's not everything.

But it is wise to keep your items with you and to do your own shipping.

Frankly, what you need is an hourly employee working in your home (or wherever you keep the stuff).

It could also be piece work - how long does photography , description , form filling, and uploading take?

The minimum wage here is 28c a MINUTE.

If each listing takes 10 minutes that's $2.80. For 20 minutes that's $5.60.

If you pay cash, you won't have them as a tax deduction.

Since you mention "deliver", I guess you are thinking of cross-posting to other sites? That needs careful inventory control.

I'd suggest FB Marketplace as a way to find a worker and/or posting to the Jobs Board at the local college or university.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply