cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete an archived answer which has become incorrect?

FIve years ago, I posted:

Re: How to indicate delivery of a local pickup item
in reply to 06-16-2013 08:15:58 AM
sg51

I use the tracking number "LOCALPICKUP06162013"

=======

And that worked five years ago.

It doesn't work any more.

And yet, people find it.  And I guess, they try it, with poor results. The posting has gained 14 helpfuls in the past 18 months.

Since it's archived, I can't do anything obvious to fix it, such as post a followup explaining the change.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Many posts that were correct five years ago are no longer.

Much information has changed over the years.  What you said was correct at the time.

That is why readers should not look to old posts for advice.

There is nothing you can do so do not worry about it.

Or you could make a new thread with updated info so people looking for info on that topic will see your revised thread.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Is there a report button on it?  (I'm guessing not, and this is a stupid question?) 

If so, you could report it and have it removed.  But then you might get yourself sanctioned? 

Maybe someone could page a blue to do it?

I still get kudos pretty regularly for some posts I put on a PayPal Pay After Delivery topic.  PayPal launched - and terminated - that bad idea, long ago.  I always wonder if they thought it was current, and something PayPal was still doing.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Or you could make a new thread with updated info so people looking for info on that topic will see your revised thread.

I don't think there is any good answer these days when you end up in that situation.

If you plan ahead, you can add LPU to your offered services, but that ends up with undesired side effects such as no IPR even for people who don't chose LPU.  It works fine when you want to ONLY offer LPU.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I recently got a kudo  helpful for a  screenshot I took in 2012, on a thread titled, "What does the UPI warning letter look like?"  I suspect it looks different now.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply