cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call eBay to get negative feedback removed?

A customer left me negative feedback yesterday saying that they didn't receive their item. Tracking shows the item was delivered. I requested to get the feedback removed through the customer service help page, but eBay said it wasn't able to remove the feedback "due to a technical issue." Great! It says contact customer service for additional help, but I'm getting nothing. Their main phone number gives you the same nonsense "visit our customer service page" message. I can't find any other way to contact them.

What is a phone number to speak to someone at eBay about this? Or what else can I do?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Encourage your customer to file an Item Not Received case. You will win the case since tracking shows the item was delivered. If the system does not remove the negative in an automated way, then later contact eBay for a manual removal.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@cerulean_city 

That's not the main eBay customer service number, it's a dedicated # for fraud. eBay doesn't receive calls any more as the main avenue for customer service. You have to go through customer service (at the bottom of the page) and either use live chat or request a call back. Once you get to the end of the topic choices, you will be on the eBay help page for that topic. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to get your contact options.  In my experience, the wait time for a call back is usually less than 10 minutes. It can depend on the topic sometimes.

If that feedback qualifies for removal, it will be removed automatically, which can take a few days. You're not eligible for seller protection to remove it because you didn't offer free returns for that listing.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/seller-performance-def...

Your feedback response doesn't do you any favors. Laughing at a customer who hasn't received the item they paid for, instead of trying to help them, doesn't make you look like a good seller.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

See, but that's the thing: there is no way to contact eBay. How do you contact eBay?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

"Doesn't make me look like a good seller."

One look at my feedback should show I am a good seller. I am not entitled to "help" a customer who is clearly lying about never receiving their item. Tracking shows it was delivered, and they didn't ask for a refund or open a case.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@cerulean_city wrote:

"Doesn't make me look like a good seller."

One look at my feedback should show I am a good seller. I am not entitled to "help" a customer who is clearly lying about never receiving their item. Tracking shows it was delivered, and they didn't ask for a refund or open a case.

I don't think we're arguing about how things went, we're simply attempting to steer you in the direction of positively addressing your customers at all times, even when they are clearly in the wrong.
Because...
It is possible the customer never received their item, despite the tracking showing delivery.

Just for example, in this particular case a feedback reply such as:

I am so sorry, our tracking shows it was delivered on (date), please contact us so that we may better be able to assist you in locating your parcel, thank you!

Would look much better, because replies to negatives aren't for your present buyer...

Replies to negatives are an opportunity for you to look good in front of future buyers!

A seller that's willing to help a buyer in a stressful situation, that's a seller everyone wants to buy from...

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Well, the good news is the buyer revised their feedback to a positive.

So all is well that ends well.

Appreciate the help.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@cerulean_city, for all you know, the package could have been delivered to the wrong address, or stolen from the buyer's porch.

You do not know that the buyer is lying. It's mean and bullying to laugh at someone, without knowing the facts of the case.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@cerulean_city, for all you know, the package could have been delivered to the wrong address, or stolen from the buyer's porch.

You do not know that the buyer is lying. It's mean and bullying to laugh at someone, without knowing the facts of the case.

And, it turns out that the buyer was not lying after all.

I'm glad that they were willing to revise the feedback. Now you have a positive feedback that says you harassed the buyer through messages (hounded them). The good thing is, it's a positive.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I love how the second there is a problem small sellers are supposed to know more about USPS than the USPS employees do.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply