cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stop a listing temporarily? Going on vacation for a week, but I want to resume after.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

How do you stop a listing temporarily? Going on vacation for a week, but I want to resume after.

@sandrajoy1948 

Use the "time away" option for fixed price listings. Listing stays active , but does not show up in search. I use the "buyers can not purchase" while I am away, option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137&st=12&pos=1&query=Time%20Away&inte...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@sandrajoy1948 

Use the "time away" option for fixed price listings. Listing stays active , but does not show up in search. I use the "buyers can not purchase" while I am away, option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137&st=12&pos=1&query=Time%20Away&inte...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Be sure to change your "handling time" if plan on allowing customers to make purchases while you are on vacation.   Even when you put your store "on vacation" that does NOT adjust your handling time (if you get orders when you are gone and don't ship promptly...you will get a "defect" on your account if you don't ship on time).

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you ever so much!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the tip!  I appreciate you.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@caldreamer wrote:

Be sure to change your "handling time" if plan on allowing customers to make purchases while you are on vacation.   Even when you put your store "on vacation" that does NOT adjust your handling time (if you get orders when you are gone and don't ship promptly...you will get a "defect" on your account if you don't ship on time).

Not true - it changes the estimated delivery date until you are back + handling + transit time.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Great response.   Thanks ever so much!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply