cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop "Allow Offers" from popping up all the time?

It's so annoying!! I o to make a listing. I work my way down the fields. I set an opening bid price, I select "Don't allow offers". I leave the pricing section to select shipping, and when I go back, now it shows that I allow offers. Every time I leave the pricing field to work on a different field it changes it back to allow offers, and I have to go back and turn it off and make sure it's the last thing I do on the listing or it pops back up. WHY??? How do I make it stop? Why doesn't it stay on "don't allow offers" when i select it the first time? It's so annoying.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Strange, mine always stays as do not allow offers. Are you using the computer or phone ? If computer try clearing your cache and reboot system. Someone else may come by and give more advice.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Are you using "Sell Similar" from someone else's listing?

Because that will cause that to happen. I've had something similar happen with Auction/Buy It Now choice.

If so, scroll down to bottom and click "Save for later (as draft)" (whatever that says), then go to your drafts and select it and go through as you would with the original listing, that should fix it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You just can't.  Its ebay doing.  That simple.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

No, I'm using my phone.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

No, I always make new listings from scratch. It's so annoying!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

This is how I do BIN:

IF I get a ridiculous offer from a "buyer" I respond with a 'counter offer' and a comment of "I have checked and it looks like it is priced fairly.  Mine is priced at fair market value.  Where did you get your opinion of value?  I can give you a buck or two off, but that's it."  And I send it back with a counter-offer a little lower.  Usually, I don't hear anything further, sometimes they take my counter.

IF they send me another hair-brained, half-price offer ... I decline it and put them on my iggy list.  

I don't waste a lot of time - I'm too **bleep** old ... 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply