cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i ask to eBay to actually STEP IN?

So buyer opened a ticket saying he never received the item... actually he told me via PM that the item was delivered to the wrong mailbox.
This happened Oct 4, eBay asked me that in the next 10 days i should answer this with a message and i did uploaded the tracking number again.

Ebay said that by OCT 22nd i can ask them to step in, and YET i see no link... i see nothing telling me this... this is ridiculous honestly.

This below is from my first post here in this community:

"I sold an item around Aug 14 and 16th, cant remember but... i did packed and printed the label on the 17th... uploaded tracking automatically to eBay.

The item was delivered on the 19th...

10 days later, Aug 29th, the buyer messaged me saying that he never received the package and asked me if the package had insurance, i told him to contact usps for more info since on my side i see it as "delivered"

Oct 3rd (a month and few days...) he messaged me and tells me that usps delivered to the wrong place, he asked me for my full name, address, (no phone # or email) so he can start a case with usps... i messaged him and gave him the info, today he opened a case saying that he never received the item..."

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How can i ask to eBay to actually STEP IN?

The item was delivered on the 19th...

While it is important to help the customer as much as possible, remember that if the itemshows as Delivered, you are not responsible and would win an Item Not Received dispute.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Put the tracking number in the Claim and give the delivery date.

In theory eBay has this information already.

Do it anyway.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply