cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I close my ebay store subscription and get my $25 refunded?

The subscription automatically renewed and took money from my bank account. But I don't want a store for this month. 

How can I get it refunded? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I cancelled my store subscription. Problem solved. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@oceans2323 wrote:

The subscription automatically renewed and took money from my bank account. But I don't want a store for this month. 

How can I get it refunded? 

I would call eBay asap and explain to them if they can cancel your service and give a courtesy refund. Just ask them nicely since they will be doing you a favor. Sounds like something I would do when talking to a credit card company to like waive the overdue penalty because "I forgot to pay this one time". If they are nice enough they might refund you.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

No need. I just checked and they didn't withdraw money from my account yet. They'll take money out tomorrow and I just cancelled my store subscription.

Thanks for your help though.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Oh okay. Make sure you double check that they refunded you and didn't just keep your fee for the "1 day of subscription" you had before you cancelled.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

No, I mean I was mistaken. I thought they took money for store, but it turns out it was just monthly invoice. The date to pay for a new store is tomorrow I think.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Your invoice may be due tomorrow but that invoice is likely for Nov 16-Dec 15 which means that your store won’t be cancelled until Jan 15.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

A store subscription cancellation always takes place on the last day of the month - no matter what your invoice cycle, and the store remaines active through the last day of the month.   If you open your store during the month - you will be pro-rated for the first month and then charged for the next full month as of the 1st.  If your invoice cycle is th 15th of the month and you open your store after the 15th - your next invoice will show both the pro-rated amount and the full month billing. 

I have closed and re-opened my stores a number of times and that has always been how it works.  I just closed one of my stores - I have listings left to use today and my store will be open until tomorrow while my listings will be active until they expire.   If you use good til cancelled listings - closing your store does NOT stop them from automatically relisting.  

Please go and read what ebay says about closing a store.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply