cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about an 'EBAY FEEDBACK' letting us rate their performance as they rate ours.

Just a thought.

Not that I think they would care what we or anyone else might think but it might relieve some pressure for a day or so.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

How about an 'EBAY FEEDBACK' letting us rate their performance as they rate ours.

Ebay doesn't leave feedback on our performance. Other members do. Or they don't.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

You rate eBay every time you choose to list.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

You "rate" ebay on the ability to form fit your biz model requirements onto their platform.  You twist, you turn, take away a little here, add a little there, use advertising and marketing just as ebay uses advertising and marketing, you follow and act on your gut as needed..............and then, pretty soon......

That square peg will fit into that round hole!

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

About the 4th year of Donahoe's 3 year disruption a rate ebay site appeared where you could leave your feedback for ebay.

Even the Chinese didn't get so many negs.

(*Bleep*)
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I see this as becoming just as retalitory as when sellers could leave feedback for buyers.

Both ebay and byer could have done nothing wrong, but if it does not go seller's way he could leave bad feedback.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

About the 4th year of Donahoe's 3 year disruption a rate ebay site appeared where you could leave your feedback for ebay.

Even the Chinese didn't get so many negs.

Yup.  Last time I checked, ebay's positive ratings were at an exciting 7%.   Don't know why they were so high...  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

There is a tell us what you think link at the top of each page, at least, there used to be but maybe it is moved due to the recent page changes.

It brings you to a rating table, from very dissatisfied up to very satisfied.  Or it could say highly, not sure.

If I recall, it lets you rate other questions and allows you to type comments.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I used to get an ebay pop-up survey every time I visit the boards. The last one was 2 months ago. 

Haven't seen any since. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Consumer affairs rates eBay 1 star out of 5 stars, and so does other consumer sites. Pretty bad ratings compared to the lowest rating sellers allowed to sell on eBay. If everybody rated eBay, I wonder if it would be possible to get a negative star rating for site performance?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Won't work they never listen to dealers! Seems they have no common sense.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I guarantee if this was to happen there would be a trillion negative feedback. Starting with me.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

If it was the standard pos/neut/neg thing I might be gracious and give ebay a neutral with "Thanks" and no stars. That's only because in the past I have been successful and, frankly, pretty darn lucky.

But with the way things are now, and with so many people cheated... ebay is straight-up crooked! They know exactly what the bare minimum to keep them legal is. That is, if a returned box-o-rocks is technically legal to somebody.

They know what their feedback would be, so... it'll never happen.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

what about going to ebay's facebook page and list the problems /issues there?

They called me once for my opinion . It was about 7 or 8 years ago.   It was my selling ID and they wanted to know what they can do to improve the site.  I gave them a ton of suggestions and none have been implemented.  Some were good ones like posting some sort of mark on deadbeats.  I would NOt call it a negative but a warning to other sellers that this is a "bad hombre  or bad lady" when it comes to paying......  The mark needed to be visible so I don't want to hear about unpaid strikes.   WHen I see an Ebay ID, I want to know if the person is a deadbeat or not.....

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Re: How about an 'EBAY FEEDBACK' letting us rate their performance as they rate ours.
in reply to retrose1 05-22-2017 12:29:22 PM
emerald40
I see this as becoming just as retaliatory as when sellers could leave feedback for buyers.
Both ebay and byer could have done nothing wrong, but if it does not go seller's way he could leave bad feedback.
And the buyer couldn't/wouldn't do that if things didn't go their way?
And eBay's quick to judge, quicker to punish and usually without recourse.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply