cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To List Old Media That Is 'Brand New', Still In Original Shrink Wrap, When No Barcode Exist?

I Have A Lot Of Vinyl, Cassettes And 8-Tracks That Are Old And Still Sealed, Most Don't Have The UPC Or Such That Ebay Now Requires When Listing under 'Brand New'. For Now I Can Only List As 'Like New' And Put In Description That They Are Sealed, But Most Never Even Bother To Read Descriptions. Anybody Learn How To Get Around This?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

How To List Old Media That Is 'Brand New', Still In Original Shrink Wrap, When No Barcode Exist?

Use "Does Not Apply" (without the quotes).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Use "Does Not Apply" (without the quotes).

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I have hundreds of movies, music CD's, etc, listed as brand new, and I don't use UPC codes. As others have already noted, just put Does Not Apply where the UPC goes and you're finished and can list as brand new.

I don't like the UPC's because ebay often gets them wrong. After using them, I've seen product descriptions for entirely different versions of a movie (such as a combo DVD vs. a Blu-Ray), descriptions that aren't accurate and offer items that aren't included, or worse yet, ebay not properly matching UPC codes in their database and returning entirely wrong info.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

^^^^ This.  I never use UPC or ISBN codes - they're too often wrong, wrong edition, etc.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@baangell wrote:

Ebay Now Requires When Listing under 'Brand New'. For Now I Can Only List As 'Like New' 

Where did you read that?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I never use the UPC system, whether the media is new or used.  A picture and the item condition are all any buyer is going to care about.  Nobody is reading through eBay's UPC info to decide which albums to buy.  It's ridiculous.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It happened a few months ago for me. Almost all 'New' media asked for a UPC code. I couldn't get around the ones without a UPC or incorrect ones. I even tried using Does Not Apply, but that didn't work...until just now. I typed 'Does Not Apply' and it worked.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you, it works now. For some odd reason I never tired typing Does Not Apply, I always used the one provided by Ebay. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

This only applies to the old listing format which they seem to be phasing out. As soon as the new listing format switched over for me, the "Does not apply" is no longer applicable. You have to leave it blank if you don't have a code. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply