cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring listers with minimal risk.

I am going to spell it out very clearly this time. I have a 21 year old ebay account. I want to have someone do listings for my ebay store. They are not going to be onsite with me. Not using my computer or my ISP. They are going to use their computer, their ISP, at their location. They already have an ebay account that has nothing to do with me which I want to keep it that way. I do not want my ebay account & their ebay account linked by ebay.

1. Is there ANY 3rd party listing programs out there where a lister can create the listings without having to be logged into my ebay store in order to create said draft listings?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

never mind.  misread. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

When they list on your account from their computer you will be linked.

If they get restricted on their account anyone linked to them is restricted.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

They already have an ebay account that has nothing to do with me which I want to keep it that way. I do not want my ebay account & their ebay account linked by ebay.

@retromxparts 

I don't think anyone can post listings to your eBay account from their own computer/isp/location without that information becoming associated with your account.  You may have difficulty in finding someone to do this.  If YOU should mess up your account and get suspended, the person listing for you from another location will be associated with your suspension and may likely get canned as well.  

Same thing may be true if they access your account, and get their own regular account suspended.  Yours would be in danger of getting the proverbial axe as well in the guilt by association eBay program. 

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

This sounds like a terrible idea.  On so many levels.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@retromxparts wrote:

I am going to spell it out very clearly this time. I have a 21 year old ebay account. I want to have someone do listings for my ebay store. They are not going to be onsite with me. Not using my computer or my ISP. They are going to use their computer, their ISP, at their location. They already have an ebay account that has nothing to do with me which I want to keep it that way. I do not want my ebay account & their ebay account linked by ebay.

1. Is there ANY 3rd party listing programs out there where a lister can create the listings without having to be logged into my ebay store in order to create said draft listings?

@retromxparts 

Not a 3rd party app, but eBay provides Multi User Access for exactly this situation. Your listers would be able to work on your listings while logged in to their own eBay accounts.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/ebay-for-business/multi-user-account-access

The accounts will stay separate, but I don't think you can prevent them from being associated with each other.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

The accounts will be considered linked accounts by eBay.

And, you know, the matter of linked accounts is not just a technical matter, either, or an abstract one.   You are linking yourself with another eBay user.  You are working with that user in order to operate your eBay business.  That person's conduct will affect you business, for better or for worse, just as any employee's or partner's conduct  will.  So, you have much to consider before doing this.

-

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

So you want someone to list and sell for you and be totally not connected to you in any way?

I assume you would would be the one to keep/store/ship the items?

The other person would just be doing the computer part?

Someone would have to be crazy to do that.

I would never list and sell for someone else

without the item(s) being in my hand  and them count on someone to ship them.

Too much risk. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

The only thing I can think of is to have the other party create the text, take the photos, send the vanilla results to you without formatting or html or any other identifying information and YOU put the info into the format of your store and list it.  No connection between the two accounts and the only way I can see ebay not having an association.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@retromxparts 

And what happens if the lister screws up your listings? You would be the one held accountable because it's your account. I agree with the other posters this could go wrong on so many levels.

Why would you want to compromise your ebay account having some stranger do what appears your already doing yourself? 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

OK.  LOTS of sellers do this.   It's not some weird crazy idea, it's quite common, esp for large sellers.  You might seek out some YT's to see how others do it.  Many hire Virtual Assts to do exactly this, others hire friends or family.   Also, as @lacemaker3  posted eBay has a new feature that allows you to have employees that you only give certain access to.   That's how I would do it, if it was me.  

I am only familiar with Sixbit & I don't have anyone listing for me (though I wish I did).   I know people do this with SB, but by having them sign into SB, they have access to your account, to the best of my knowledge.  You might contact SB to see if there's a way to let people create listings in it, without having access to your acct.  There may be & I just don't know it.   

I'm trying to think of the other listing software that is web based, that I decided against.  It *may* allow it b/c it's web based, but I'm not sure.   They have great support b/c I remember having lengthy conversations about their platform & software, but I decided against them b/c they were web based. 

ETA:  Of course, hit enter & then remember.  It's Inkfrog.  Not sure if it will do what you want though.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

So you want someone to list and sell for you and be totally not connected to you in any way?

I assume you would would be the one to keep/store/ship the items?

The other person would just be doing the computer part?

Someone would have to be crazy to do that.

I would never list and sell for someone else

without the item(s) being in my hand  and them count on someone to ship them.

Too much risk. 

Almost like quasi drop shipping. Gotta wonder who's bank account the person doing the listing is linked to, who's SSN it's connected to and how the 1099's are going to work. 

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@retromxparts 

There is a 3rd party listing software called inkfrog.com

This website has feature to open accounts for your staff with no need to access to your ebay account, they (your staff) will listing your items from "Staff Accounts" in inkfrog.

For more information about inkfrog Staff Accounts feature, go to the following youtube link:

inkFrog Open: Staff Accounts 

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@aqeeqsouq wrote:

@retromxparts 

There is a 3rd party listing software called inkfrog.com

This website has feature to open accounts for your staff with no need to access to your ebay account, they (your staff) will listing your items from "Staff Accounts" in inkfrog.

For more information about inkfrog Staff Accounts feature, go to the following youtube link:

inkFrog Open: Staff Accounts 

On a similar vein.......

I use SixBit, I could have another person CREATE listings, transfer these newly created Items to me (either through CSV or transferring the actual database) And I would submit them. using that method there would be absolutely no connection between my account and any other user.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Your doing Great!! 

Sarcasm  is nearly gone 

Enjoyed your latest comments 

Heal and be Well!!

Message 15 of 25
latest reply