cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had a recent buyer who requested you wear item before shipping it?

Hi

Around the beginning of the year I had a message from someone who asked if they bought a pair of new socks I was selling, if I would wear them before mailing them. I ignored the person and deleted their message because obviously it was improper.

Last month I get a removal from eBay of this item claiming my listing said they were used and stained. My listing clearly said new and unworn. I do the contact eBay ect and finally get the listing reinstated. 

Guess what happened today. The same thing. I again try to deal with eBay customer service and at least get it noted that this item should not be removed however they won't do anything about the member who is clearly doing this to harass.

I am wondering if anyone else has received messages like the one I got? It would be helpful to know who this person is since I would like to block them since that customer service person would not do that. Or if they are harassing a number of sellers then eBay needs to know about them.

thank

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Sounds like a perv. Too bad you didn't block him when he made the earlier comments. If it was me, I would probably take the listing down for a little while to hope this perv got tired of waiting for me to relist it.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Isn't it Japan that has those vending machines that sell dirty drawers?

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

Sounds like a perv. Too bad you didn't block him when he made the earlier comments. If it was me, I would probably take the listing down for a little while to hope this perv got tired of waiting for me to relist it.

@ethereal_spirits - I agree with adding him to your BBL. You might also consider changing your Seller ID in the event the guy has your saved your current one as one of his favorites and that's how he so easily can keep an eye on your listings.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

This sounds like 2 separate issues to me. I understand the person that asked you to wear the socks is disgusting, but why do you think they are having your listing removed. You think they are calling ebay and telling them that your socks are dirty to remove them? I don't think ebay would do that based on a phone call, if they did everyone would be going after their competitors. I think it's something in the wording of the listing, or there is a glitch. I don't like using the word glitch, because that word gets thrown around a lot whenever we can't explain something. I looked at 1 sold sock listing, don't know if it's the same one.
You used these 2 sentences: This pair has never been worn & This is new with tags and has not been worn. I think the ebay word checker is picking of the words BEEN WORN, regardless what you put before or after it. You show the socks new with tags, don't think it's necessary for you explain that they have never been worn (twice). I would take that out and see what happens. Ebay bots are working overtime these days.
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

That isn't harrassment, that's a person trying to get their kicks out of worn clothing.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

copy and paste the member ID to your blocked list first thing. Second copy all messages from this nut job or possibly a seller trying to sabotage you and then contact eBay again and ask for security/fraud department. delete the listing and relist as new with tags or new wihtout tags or new with defects. CLEALY show the socks as new and state they are new never worn. They will want to know that someone is doing this to you intentionally. I have never heard of such a thing, ever. How strange............

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

OP, you are dealing with someone who has a fetish.  If you want to call them pervs, you can - but I call them money.

Fetish people are more than willing to spend lots of money to get what they want.  And if you are agreeable to their wants, they will come back again and again.  There are many sellers that have made  a good living selling to fetish, and several tv shows have dealt with the subject, including CSI and Law & Order.

Search well worn and check out the solds - highest first and you might change your mind about blocking the buyer.

(*Bleep*)
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

What retrose1 said 😉  I used to work for a railroad carrier back in the mid-90s - mainly all male environment.  One of the nicer coworkers said that he was in a strip club one evening and a patron wanted to purchase a pair of panties that one of the ladies was wearing.  Jim asked what he wanted to do with them and he answered: "he would use them in cooking."  I will not go into specifics, but I was floored scream

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

OP, you are dealing with someone who has a fetish.  If you want to call them pervs, you can - but I call them money.

Fetish people are more than willing to spend lots of money to get what they want.  And if you are agreeable to their wants, they will come back again and again.  There are many sellers that have made  a good living selling to fetish, and several tv shows have dealt with the subject, including CSI and Law & Order.

Search well worn and check out the solds - highest first and you might change your mind about blocking the buyer.

The problem I see with this is they could get their kicks for free on the sellers dime by filing a snad if she admitted she wore the item.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

I remember they had zero feedback so I figured they were just some one annoying sellers. Which is why I ignored the message. Even if I blocked them from bidding they can still see listings and still do a "report item". 

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

I don't have the person's id. I posted here in case someone else was having the same problem. Not to create a discussion on fetishes.
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Because it has now happened twice. I have been selling on eBay for almost 20 years and have never had anyone do a "report item". The fact that it was these socks the person messaged about and now they have been twice reported kind of makes logically that it's the same person.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Because it has now happened twice. I have been selling on eBay for almost 20 years and have never had anyone do a "report item". The fact that it was these socks the person messaged about and now they have been twice reported kind of makes logically that it's the same person. It's not eBay bots that are removing it, it's a person reporting it. I know because I spoke with eBay customer service both times.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

It's harassment when they falsely report an item more than once to get it removed.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply