cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP, with a Best offer!

I had a great offer this morning for $85 for a dress. By the time I opened the offer and woke for the morning, the listing was ended, so I could not respond. AKA I potentially lost an $85 SALE!

I checked through the offer message to try and message the buyer with no luck...I can't send a direct offer now either since I relisted it as a new listing..

Any way I can find out who this was to get that sale?

thanks

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

HELP, with a Best offer!

Did the best offer end or was it retracted.

The former stay for 48 hours.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

The listing ended. The offer was sent just shortly before it ended completely.

I've had this dress for awhile, got a great offer, and now it's gone. Lol
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

Relist the dress for $85, maybe the same buyer will bite.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

Will the offer stand for the full 48 hours even if the listing is scheduled to end and does end before that time has elapsed? I don't understand how an offer can still be good if a listing ends

Spoiler
Unless the offer and the 48 hours overrides the listing ending.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

@vintagemoth12wrote:

Will the offer stand for the full 48 hours even if the listing is scheduled to end and does end before that time has elapsed? I don't understand how an offer can still be good if a listing ends

Spoiler
Unless the offer and the 48 hours overrides the listing ending.

No, it does not.  When an offer is made on an item that does not have 48 hrs left to go on the listing, the offer is only good for as long as the item is still listed.  It expires once the listing ends.

Sorry if you hoped for another answer.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

I agree with a previous poster.  Relist.  Maybe that buyer will see it again.  You could list it at the amount she offered, that you are willing to accept.  Just relist at $85.00.

You might want to do that quickly, as your buyer may be aware of the 15 % off today.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

Click the big blue button in your e-mail that says respond to offer then look on the left to view the offers. You should see the person's userid so you can let them know the item was relisted & that you will accept their offer if they resubmit.

Or as another poster said, relist at $85 to make it easier.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

Potential buyers get status messages on offers.  Yours may see something in their messages and if they had it on a watch list, they should see it as 'relisted'.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

Ok. I found the buyers username! Now I can't figure out how to message her...maybe because it's in my phone on the app..?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

Click on her feedback page and find the contact button there.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

@honestabe411wrote:

Ok. I found the buyers username! Now I can't figure out how to message her...maybe because it's in my phone on the app..?

If you can get the buyers username to show on your PC you can click on the name and select contact buyer.  Put in the Item # for your item and let them know that you'll take the $85 and also there's 15% off today and add the link to the promo.

oh, oh, oh on your PC go to messages near the bottom on the left "Find and Contact Member"!!!

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

No, I had not hoped for another answer. I was just curious because as I was reading this thread  and she mentioned that the listing ended before 

the 48 hours were up  I  wondered what DOES  happen if a listing ends before the  48 hours are up. Thank you for answering. That is exactly what I wanted to know.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

@vintagemoth12wrote:

No, I had not hoped for another answer. I was just curious because as I was reading this thread  and she mentioned that the listing ended before 

the 48 hours were up  I  wondered what DOES  happen if a listing ends before the  48 hours are up. Thank you for answering. That is exactly what I wanted to know.

You're very welcome!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

HELP, with a Best offer!

@honestabe411wrote:

Upper right corner of this (or any) page, 'Advanced'.  There is an option in the left column to search by member.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply