cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP FOR YOU Regarding Multiple Posts About Low Views/Sales.

I have seen posts over the years, over and over again regarding low views, impressions and sales. We all go through these droughts. There are many ways to gain advantages and I thought I'd share what I've done that has improved my numbers. I have recently(in the last two weeks) integrated these into my ads and my stats have increased. Please don't take this personally, but stop putting all of the blame on ebay.  You are not competing with ebay. You're competing with every other seller that's selling similar items as you are. You need to stand out from those sellers and RETAIN customers.

The key component and what you are striving for is RETENTION.

First things first, getting ppl to your listings with keywords.

First of all, if you're selling a purse, don't just put 'black purse' in the heading. Go to google and type in 'other words for purse' and include as many words in the heading as you can. Put yourself in the position of a customer buying a purse. Are you going to just type in 'black purse'? Probably not. You're going to type in 'black leather studded purse' or 'DKNY Pink crossbody purse'. 

Secondly, if a customer see's your ad and clicks on it, you want them to STAY connected to you. This is RETENTION. If they don't like the specific item of yours that they clicked on, the last thing you want them to do is hit the back button and leave your page to go look at what everyone else's black purses.

You need to learn html hotlink coding. I know it sounds confusing, but it is learnable in a day.

You will notice at the bottom of my ad(below) that I have three links for customers to click on. The first link will send them to the other microwave transformers I have available. The second link takes them to ALL of my microwave parts available. And the third link takes them to my main ebay store page. 

Screenshot (16).png

RETENTION! Keeping them on YOUR pages. As soon as they hit the back button you are no longer part of the picture and your chances of a sale are all but gone. 

This is a screenshot of my traffic. In the last two weeks, since I added these links on my ads, you will notice the graphs dramatically increase. This is because of keywords added to the headlines and the links added to my ads.  My impressions and page views have almost doubled.

Screenshot (17).png

I use the following site to create html hotlink codes.  

Hyperlink HTML Generator | Web Code Tools

1. In the 'text' box, type in what you want to say. 'Click Here For Our Other Purses"

2. Go to your ebay store.

3. Click on 'clothing shoes and accessories'.

4. Click on 'women'. Click on 'women's handbags'.

5. Once you are at the page that shows all of your available purses, copy the link at the top of your web browser and paste that into the 'URL' box that is above the 'text' box on the hyperlink generator website. (Make sure 'https://' does not show up twice at the beginning of the 'url' box.)

The hyperlink code will be automatically generated to the right.

6. Click on 'copy'. Open an ad you want to place the link in and click 'revise'. Scroll down to the 'description' box. Click 'show all options' that's above and to the right of the description box. Click 'see more options'. This will allow you to embed html code. Check the 'show html code box'. Scroll down to the bottom of the code, right click and paste the code you copied from the hyperlink generator page. Unclick the 'show html code box' and save your ad at the bottom. View your ad and you should have a hyperlink at the bottom that takes customers to the page that shows all of your purses, tools, shoes, whatever. 

I know this sounds confusing but once you do it a few times it gets pretty easy. I think it's definitely worth the time and the RETENTION you gain will be very beneficial. Hope this helps in some way. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It's a good idea, I thought. I did this about a year ago in bulk and added my store's link to all of my listings. That's about when eBay got it in their head to create "HALO SALES" so that if a buyer clicks on one of your promoted listings and doesn't buy it, but buys something else, you incur the PL fee.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yeah this is more for sellers who have a lot of a specific item. If you only have a couple of one item it's not worth the trouble of creating the link really imo. But if you have many variations of an item I think it's worth it to let the customer know what else you have available and keep them from leaving you pages.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Worth a try. Probably be working on this next week....

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

This was very informative. These are the type of posts that I truly enjoy seeing. It makes

you think of possible ways to improve sales that are doable with a little more work.

Great post. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply