cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest Checkout - Messaging Buyer

Can a Guest check out buyer receive messages from the seller since the Guest buyer has no account?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I’m sure they can, I’ve sent messages to buyers who checked out as a guest but they never respond. Messages usually go to the recipients email as well as messages in eBay. I’m guessing the email ends up in the spam folder or the buyer just doesn’t reply. 
ETA UPDate: upon reading the Guest account policy they would need to create an account in order to receive messages. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I’m sure they can, I’ve sent messages to buyers who checked out as a guest but they never respond. Messages usually go to the recipients email as well as messages in eBay. I’m guessing the email ends up in the spam folder or the buyer just doesn’t reply. 
ETA UPDate: upon reading the Guest account policy they would need to create an account in order to receive messages. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks, that's what I thought. I always wonder though, when you mark something as shipped, do they ever get the message that the item shipped like if they had an account? I guess they don't as well.

I just wanted to alert someone of a shipment for tomorrow. Can't ship today due to snow. 

Have a good day! Be careful Midwest!NW Chicago 7:34 am 1/12/23NW Chicago 7:34 am 1/12/23

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Egads snow oh heal no!! …I’m glad I moved from there in 1999! 
Im sure they get an email confirmation when they purchase and when something ships.
ETA I was from the NW side. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply