cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program Rip off buyer?

It seem your item are not marketed world wide ( check box if you want item marketed international "fee's MAY APPLY  !!!" so if you use GSP BUYER PAYS WAY MORE!  Catch 22 ! IF your items sells using GSP you don't even know where the items destination is going !  I don't think its fair on either end and is limiting buyer/ sellers market .   Thanks  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@modernmacksmagic wrote:

It seem your item are not marketed world wide ( check box if you want item marketed international "fee's MAY APPLY  !!!" so if you use GSP BUYER PAYS WAY MORE!  Catch 22 ! IF your items sells using GSP you don't even know where the items destination is going !  I don't think its fair on either end and is limiting buyer/ sellers market .   Thanks  

If you don't like it then don't use it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@modernmacksmagic wrote:

How is it limiting the market when you don't have to use it, and when its purpose is to encourage sellers who don't want to ship internationally to still sell internationally?

Do you even understand what the GSP does? Why do you care what the destination is?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I stopped using GPS

When I did use it the destination it was always shown.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I stopped using GPS

When I did use it the destination it was always shown.

Well, of course. That's the whole reason for having a GPS. 😉

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

GSP is almost double what I charge my customers but the good thing is that you do get email alerts on when it is delivered. Prior to that I didn't get updates once it left this country, or so it seems. You can see where the shipment is going, I believe, in your order summary. It doesn't show up in the shipping instructions though. That shows the Kentucky address. As the others have said, if you don't like it don't use it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I've only purchased one thing via GSP. It was a board game. While I didn't like the way it was repackaged, it did arrive complete and within the time range. Also, delivery costs were lower than any others selling the game. No customs charge, either. All in all, I was happy with the purchase.

On the other hand, because items are often repackaged, I am very careful about what I buy through GSP.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@modernmacksmagic wrote:

I have had buyers tell me they prefer using sellers with GSP.  Why I asked?  They said because they know they dont have to go to a collection site,  wait in line, and pay the custom fees after the fact.  These inconviences seem to make a difference to some buyers.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply