cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From an extra income to a big business?

Hi sellers!

I have a question that keeps my mind awake for a long time, so i made my first 2 sales this week😁

thanks to you guys! you helped me a lot!

anyway, my question is, how can i take this to the next level? so far i am selling some old items i found in my house, but soon ill get out of stock and i wont have anything to sell.

how can i take this to the next level? you can also you share your own story

thanks!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@weldtronics 

It's the weekend!  Hit the bazaars, flea markets etc.  You may surprise yourself.  Lots of unfound treasures out there!!  Have fun!!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You can try looking in garage sales and local flea markets for more items. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

like almost any successful business

find a need and fill it

in the case of online selling....if something is working for you, continue to replicate it

if you are going to try and expand, you need to find a reliable source

you need to be able to adapt

when something works for you, just keep doing it until it doesn't, but don't keep "blinders" on....keep an eye on what is happening...

it's also nice if you start off selling stuff you are at least familiar with too...it will help your sales being knowledgeable in your niche

and learn logistics LOL 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

What "next level"? You're going to have to hunt for more items to sell if you run out of items from around the house.  Takes quite awhile to grow, especially in the face of the usual new seller restrictions. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

What about items from your country that pertain to religion, art, crafts?  Those are very popular venues especially from overseas.  Hand made items,  religious jewelry, fabrics, art??? Just a suggestion.  Just don't drop ship junk from China. I've seen several sellers from Israel who are (or were) drop shipping.  Not a good business plan and no one makes money except for the vendor in China.  Good luck what ever you decide. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Oh yea totally!!

a lof of selelrs in israel are doing drop shipping and i hate this business model!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Yea but the question is how do i find what items to sell?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Logistics is sure important!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Lets say that in these flea markets there are a lot of necklaces and accessories...what makes them so popular, i mean, there are millions of other sellers whos selling this item exactly like me

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@weldtronics 

It's the weekend!  Hit the bazaars, flea markets etc.  You may surprise yourself.  Lots of unfound treasures out there!!  Have fun!!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Got it! 

Thanks!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Are there things that are unique to your culture that others of your faith around the world might like or want?

Everything doesn't have to be bought at a swap meet. Are there locally manufactured products that might be desirable world wide - fabrics, icons, religious jewelry (as opposed to simply ornamental jewelry). The benefit there is a constant and consistent supply of goods.

I realize that if you concentrate on Jewish oriented items you might limit your market. But I was raised to believe that Bethlehem was the seat of 3 major religions. Consider some cross over to Bethlehem related Christian or Muslim products.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Maybe stay away from the "tourist" type stuff. Go maybe a little more upscale but not so expensive it is priced out many people's pocketbook. Also, think about shipping cost. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply