cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud is out of control on this platform right now.

I've been hit with two "empty box" scams on $1000 Apple laptops over the weekend.  Two out of 7 that I've sold and two have yet to be delivered to very scammy addresses with screen names similar to the two that already scammed me.  I'm sure I'm going to get hit with those as well.  Yes I will go through with the usual IC3 and police department reports.

I don't really expect a response, just had to vent.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@crazyscientist 

Boy that smells. Just goes to show you scammers don't just go after the Newbees, now they are attacking the big guns!

Can you share how it all went down? If not I understand. Take care.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

More information needed:

They claim empty box delivered?? Or a return with an empty box?? Or did you receive an empty box on a purchase??

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I've been selling on E-bay for about the past 10 years.

In all of that time I never had a buyer scam me before until 2 months ago and again last week.

Each time they returned an item that I didn't sell them, a completely different and useless item. They claimed that the item was defective.

What gets me mad is that E-bay automatically defers to the buyer and refunds their purchase.

How could I prove that the returned item is bogus, if the package returned has some weight to it?

I can't.

Where is the seller protection that we are supposed to have?

E-bay, get with it or else you will lose me as a seller if this **bleep** continues.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Every time I tead these type of posts, always wonder how soon before we're in the same boat?

We don't sell electronics but selling higher dollar valued items is really concerning. 

Really sorry - 2k + several not delivered.  what a horrible start to a Monday/week.

I would need anxiety meds to muster the ability to read my emails.

Good luck.  Sounds like you have a system /protocol to report these thefts.  Wouldn't know where to begin to fight this.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

When you sell high fraud items, sooner or later you will get burned. It is a factor with the internet. All platforms experience fraud.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Lol that is exactly right - anxiety meds to read emails are becoming necessary.  Every time I see that "A return has been requested" email.. ugh.  Let's not even get into Amazon seller performance e-mails. 

I try to be dispassionate about these things but it stings when you get punched this hard two days in a row.  But I will still survive.  

To be clear I am a seller who has had two buyers in the last two days claim that they received empty boxes.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

I've made many changes, most not for the good of the consumer, among those I have raised prices to compensate for the loss and also I have discontinued the sale of products that seem to "challenge" certain buyer's intellect.

Sorry to be blunt but unlike the mindset of certain thieves appears to dictate we're not made of money, there is a limited financial supply available and again to be quite blunt, sellers such as myself simply can not afford to give things away, not even to those who think "it's only 10 bucks" or what have you...
I just can't do that, if I allow these entitled individuals to keep getting away with it then I go out of business so therein lie the choices I must make.

Totally appreciate your OP.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes, that is what I thought you meant.  Lol

And yes, I understand risks on here.

Just meant "some" categories seemed to be pretty immune.  No longer so. Random Roulette on which buyer came equipped with the stink bomb.

We sell on Amazon as well.  My love letter today is on an FBA box.   yay me.

You have a great attitude/ take it in stride mode.  At 2k disputed this morning, I would not yet be posting- my laptop would still be in pieces on the floor from the full throttle heave into the wall.  Lol

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 9
latest reply