cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First ever return from buyer. Just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Buyer opened a return for item not working correctly.  I accepted the return on 4/13/19 and opted for Ebay to send the buyer a return label.  In the return details it says this:

"We've asked the buyer to ship the item back by Apr 22. Wait until you get the item back before issuing a refund.You should wait until you get the item back before you refund the buyer. Please ensure that you issue the refund within 2 business days of the item being delivered. If the buyer doesn't send the item back by Apr 22 we may close this return."

I'm a little confused because in the return details it says that the refund is due by 4/18/19.  What does that mean?

Also, how am I certain that Ebay has sent the buyer a return label (the buyer hasn't started to send the item back yet since the return is still in the return started phase and not item sent yet)?

Sorry for the dumb questions but this is the first return I've had and want to make sure I'm doing this properly (started account in 1999).

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

if buyer opened the return and you accepted the return , than you have to wait till you get message from ebay to issue the refund, first make sure you received the item back , sometimes ebay tracking not shows updated results so you should track from USPS website or whatever carrier you used, after you receive product you should issue full refund so case will close automatically, if item not return within time frame ebay stated on return that buyer should return item by this date, than after that time call ebay than they will close case without any refund to buyer, but if you receive item withing time frame than refund the buyer and close the wait, don't wait till ebay involve and give resolution that will put defect on your account.

you should go to return setting under site preference and can adjust the setting that return should be approve automatically or with your permission, sometimes the returning shipping cost is more than product cost, in that case you should ask your buyer to provide you evidence if item is damaged or arrive broken etc before opening return.

there are some other reasons buyer cant provide you evidence in picture like product is not working etc etc so try to work it out with buyer.

Hope its help

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The Refund Due Date of 4/18/19 is not shown in the Return Details, as I stated in my initial post, but instead it shows when I click on "Returns" on My Ebay.  I guess I'm just confused as to why that date is there.  Also I assume Ebay sent the buyer a return label since that is the option I picked and because of this phrase in the Return Details..."We've asked the buyer to ship the item back by Apr 22."

Message 3 of 3
latest reply