cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a seller to sell for me

I use to sell on ebay,had a store at one time.Anyway 

I am too old to deal with it now.I would like to find someone 

near to me that will sell for me.I have a huge collection of

costume jewelry,gold,silver and diamond chip items,jewelry boxes.

Too heavy to ship.I dont know how many pounds,last time I weighed

it was more than 35 lbs in just old stuff.Hiw can I find someone?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

With all the liabilities a seller assumes when they list on eBay plus the income tax implications you may find it impossible to locate anyone willing to do this. If you do they are probably going to want at least 50% of the net profit. You may be better off finding a consignment auction house or selling the entire lot locally. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It's not going to be easy finding someone to do that for the reasons cited by others.

Maybe a friend or relative could help you sell it locally, like on Facebook Marketplace.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@lyd12348 

Find someone to buy the entire inventory from you. Maybe an auction house or dealer at an antique mall, for instance, would be interested. 

Finding someone to list with/for you will be difficult. Who takes pictures, who sets the price, who writes the descriptions? 
What if there is a personality conflict. 

Ultimately, you will get a cut of the profit. That probably won’t pay out for 6 months. Savvy sellers know chargebacks can happen up to 6 months after a sale. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply