cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Policy dislikes

Hi All,

hope you are doing well. I wanted to get your opinion on feedback policies.

I have a buyer who, ordered an item for less than $6.00 that included free shipping. They received it quickly, from start to finish, 4 days. The item was new/sealed. I have sold many (hundreds) on eBay as well as other sites

Once received , they left negative feedback. No contact or awareness of any issue. I messaged them, apologized and refunded fully. Still no contact. I thought that it was 7 days to leave negative?

Per the policy listed on eBay : "Every time you buy something on eBay, you can leave positive, neutral, or negative feedback about your experience. You can also rate how the seller communicated with you and the cost of shipping. Keep in mind that feedback is about your experience with the seller – it’s not a review of the product you bought."

I had a neutral feedback for another item, same situation, I contacted eBay and was told that "Buyers are able to review any aspect of the transaction, from shipping and service, to the product itself. "

So which is it? a review of the item, regardless of  service or anything else, buyers no longer need to wait to leave negative? Thank you

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Feedback Policy dislikes

I wouldn't bother with whatever somebody from eBay CS actually said as they're often wrong, but go by written policy.  You can try getting the neg removed as it's a product review, and can point to the policy. I had no luck getting mine removed which was cranking on about the price, but I didn't really care that much and never pursued it.

ETA: It's always the cheap stuff.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Feedback Policy dislikes

Thank you, I will try based on the fact of product review.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Feedback Policy dislikes

The 7 day wait is only for certain sellers, I want to say TRS+, but I'm not certain of the qualifications, but most of us, they can leave any FB, any time they want, no waiting period.   

You can try to get it removed here: 

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

I would cite the verbiage that says it's not supposed to be a product review.  I have had good luck with this link, but mine have been more clear cut cases than yours is.  IDK that yours is removable.  Doesn't hurt to try though.  I wouldn't worry about it too much, 1 neg is not going to keep people from buying from you. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Feedback Policy dislikes

Thank you- I have sent a message to see if it can be removed- will keep my fingers crossed. I know I shouldn’t worry too much- it just bothers me as I have worked really hard for 17 years to keep positive feedback. Thank you

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Feedback Policy dislikes

Mine landed on me after 20 years - honestly, it's like the first scratch on the new car, almost a relief. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Feedback Policy dislikes

@millie1220 wrote:

Thank you- I have sent a message to see if it can be removed- will keep my fingers crossed. I know I shouldn’t worry too much- it just bothers me as I have worked really hard for 17 years to keep positive feedback. Thank you

You are welcome.  They don't get back to you, so if they remove it, you'll just see it, typically within an hour or so, but I'm guessing that's only during business hours.  Good luck! 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Feedback Policy dislikes

Thank you

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Feedback Policy dislikes

UPDATE: After contacting eBay, the negative was removed. Thank you all

Message 9 of 9