cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREE 3 MONTH BASIC eBAY STORE PROMO-WTH?

In a nutshell...I  opened up a basic eBay store just to try it out. I called eBay to help me with putting my store on vacation. They walked me through it, I thought, I'm golden.  Off I go on vacation. I had brisk sales( for me anyway). I reminded my sellers that I was on vacation and gave them the day I would ship off their items when I got back home. What the eBay gal neglected to tell me is that I needed to change my handling time also. 

I was recently informed that my status is TRS through August, but will drop in September.  An eBay rep left me a message today saying it's being looked into.  Ugh!! I thought I did everything right. This was a free trial promo, I never had a store before, I was not given the correct process for vacation mode...now I may lose my hard earned TRS status. I'm very frustrated that I'm being punished for trying something new.  Look what it got me?! Any advice? (I have talked to eBay numerous times about this problem.)

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"I'm very frustrated that I'm being punished for trying something new"

You are not being punished for trying something new, or punished at all. It's simply a matter of whether you selected the correct options when you went on vacation.

Visit our Store today!
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Many experienced sellers have made the same mistake:  Assuming that their handling time would implicitly be extended to match the duration of their vacation. We see posts  about this on the discussion board every day.  Unfortunately, the basic vacation setting is nothing more than an "Away" message.  

Apparently the customer support staff are no better-informed than eBay's basic Help page about vacation settings. Or perhaps they are relying on that as their main source of information, so they make the same mistaken inference about handling time as so many sellers do.

The vacation settings and the Help page about them (and apparently also the customer support training) were set up long before eBay started using shipping time as a seller evaluation measure. Just a simple one-sentence update in the Help page would save a lot of aggravation and disappointment for Store subscribers who are doing their best to be conscientious sellers.

brian_burke@ebay

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you. You are spot on!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply