cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "You must select a return period which is supported"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Under tasks I am getting the error message "You must select a return period which is supported," for 3 of my items.  When I click on that, I get to a page that says "We've updated our return options to match industry trends and help your sales. Some of your current return options may no longer be available. Make sure you update these listings." However, no matter how I edit the listings, specifically the exchange policies, those three remain there in the queue.  Can anyone help me resolve this? Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In most categories, the minimum period for accepting a return is now 30 days.  The option for 14 days is available in only a few categories.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

In most categories, the minimum period for accepting a return is now 30 days.  The option for 14 days is available in only a few categories.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed them all to 30 days and they are still in the queue along with an additional listing now!

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually it looks like changing them to 30 days worked! Thanks for the policy update!

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

A glitch?

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Must have been!

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect

I have been asking for a while. Most of the ebay quides keep mixing up TRS with routine, non-TRS sellers. So what are the categories where I need to revert to 30 buyer pays versus what can still stay as 14 buyer pays? 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I provided the link in post #2.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect

Thx for reply. It was buried. So I guess will be listing my Vintage stuff in that Disability category, i.e. listing here tends to be a disability lolol. Kidding, really kidding. BUT...I just listed a jacket in Clothing and it didn't stop me and it is listed for 14 day buyer pays. Am I missing something here?  Now it is live, and if I have someone purchase let us say now, they would see 14 day return buyer pays. So what happens now?

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Some of the changes that were supposed to take effect today have apparently been delayed.  For instance, sellers who aren't offering free returns are still showing the TR-Plus badge.  It will probably take a few days to catch up.  

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect

Thx. But my big question is...once they do their "catch up" will it be changed in mid-stream to the 30 buyer pays? My Ad is now live with 14 buyer pays. That doesn't make any sense. And any buyer who sees 14 then all of a sudden 30? My day today planned to continue listing clothing. Will just keep jugging along here. All of my listings need to be in the Disability category. Am really tired of things not working. Not your fault. My Store Manager now shows the Starter Charge along with the Basic. Just too nuts.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

The only thing that makes sense is to set up your listings with  30 day returns (or no returns) in the categories that eBay says will no longer have the 14-day optoin.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

This is the stupidest policy yet from eBay. If you opt for no returns, that takes you out of the top seller categories, which can reduce your item's returns on search results, according to what I've read. A return of 30 days or more is ridiculous notion for items like clothes, books, and records that could be worn once or twice, read, or listened to in 30 days then returned by the buyer. At the seller's expense of costs and handling.  I will gladly accept returns within the previous eBay suggested time of 14 days.

Yet another eBay policy driving me from the site.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Like all of eBay's stupid changes they will give you all these warnings, give you threats, and then after a couple years they forget about that change and go onto a new list of mandatory changes.

I'm including the mandatory picture size change, the links policy, and possibly the secure web site policy. They aren't enforced.

If they threaten to take away your rating which is impossible for you to attain; then there is really no threat.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@ackite wrote:

This is the stupidest policy yet from eBay. If you opt for no returns, that takes you out of the top seller categories, which can reduce your item's returns on search results, according to what I've read. A return of 30 days or more is ridiculous notion for items like clothes, books, and records that could be worn once or twice, read, or listened to in 30 days then returned by the buyer. At the seller's expense of costs and handling.  I will gladly accept returns within the previous eBay suggested time of 14 days.

Yet another eBay policy driving me from the site.

Many don't accept returns gladly but just fly the banner for the increased visibility~they have no intention of taking a return.  

Message 15 of 21
latest reply