cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay says i dont ship to Canada

I'm not understanding something. 

Buyer contacted me from Nova Scotia Canada asking me to please make an exception and sell to Canadians.

(Large boat cleats)

I set up the listing using GSP. 

Checked listing says shipping is GSP.

So why is ebay saying I dont ship to Canada?

I reset the listing taking off GSP and added Priority Mail International Padded Envelope to see if this solves the buyers dilemma. 

Did I miss something? Are we now angry with Canadians and I'm unaware the Canadians were naughty? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The GSP will honor any settings you may have in your international shipping exclusion list although from what I can see the listing looks OK. I do not exclude Canada from my shipping destinations but I have had a couple instances where the category I had the item listed in was trapped by an internal eBay filter that excludes certain imports into Canada. I cannot see how boat cleats would fall into this category but it may not be the item but rather the category you have it listed in. 

The items I had issues with were martial arts weapons, same issue with sending knives to Australia. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I see 140 listings on .com and 86 listings on .ca

Perhaps you don't have GSP enabled for all your listings?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@linus.hux72fe 

I only found one listing you have for boat cleats, and that particular listing does not have GSP on it. It only has shipping to the USA.

You should be able to revise the listing. FYI, GSP shipping to Canada is very expensive, and if this were shipped by the post office, there would not be any customs charged because the price is below the threshold for items from the USA. Canada Post is quite good and reliable, so you might want to consider offering to ship it to Canada directly.

image.png

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Im having the same issue I'm trying to ship rogain and eBay said they don't support shipping to Canada to go to eBay website to purchase the label. I tried checking shipping to Canada. Nope still won't let me purchase a shipping label. So why does it allow them to buy the items if they can't be shipped 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@new_2_you360 

Your listing for Rogain only ships to the US. And since it is a medication, even though it can be purchased over the counter, may be prohibited from being shipped internationally, which is why you can’t purchase a shipping label. I don’t know how or why your buyer was able to purchase.
My suggestion to you is cancel the order citing problem with buyers address. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply