cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay refusing to refund seller fees & shipping

I have recently had an item that were purchased for $19.00 then canceled by the buyer and i refunded them immediately the $19 with my ebay account funds which now makes that transaction zero and voided but no wait ebay took an additional $19 from my bank account which is stealing in my book. However when i call ebay support no one can figure this out. I had one representative "Karen" that took her time to go thru my account and find that yes in fact i was due a refund she said she requested the refund and gave me a reference code later on finding out the reference code was for the phone conversation. What the hell!!! This same scenerio happened on another cancellation as well as i was charged twice for shipping on one product. Yet i am still being told that its my fault... ??? my funds are not negative there was and is money in my ebay funds. Why can't ebay employees understand simple math. Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay refusing to refund seller fees & shipping

Just trying to sort it out for you. (don't know if this applies)

The refund happens in 'real-time' in 2 steps.....

If funds are 'processing' they are not yet available. If they are available, the full $19.00 will not be "refunded" by you because there are fees/sales tax and other charges that have to be refunded separately (you did not receive those funds)

It is very 'structured' and somewhat convoluted, but it usually comes out accurate after the smoke clears...

(remember, their books have to "balance" too when all is said and done)

carefully go over you transaction history in a day or two and follow the money. You will find that it probably is accurate.

remember, too, YOU do not see what your buyer sees in $$$$

your buyer is made whole in one figure. You are made whole in 2 or 3 different transactions

The buyer will get the total back...it appears to you that you are not getting full credit, but they can't refund YOU fees in $$$ because it is not in your proceeds (it is a non-cash item)...it is a "credit"

Message 2 of 2
latest reply