cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay metrics and limited selling!!

I have been buying and selling on Ebay since 1998 with over 714 feedback all perfect.Somehow i forgot to put my account on hold.

I sold two items while i was in florida and I explained to the buyer it would be a month before i could ship the item. The items were books priced at under $10. The buy were good with this. 

Now ebay and metrics are limiting my selling and raised the fee they charge me. I called Ebay but the computer makes all the decisions and I didn't get anywhere. 

any suggestions, other then to start using Marketplace?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I don't understand why some people use a different account when posting on here.  You claim to have 714 FB but I only see 12. 

I have a real problem with people claiming something under different accounts.  It's like meeting someone in person who claims to be someone else. 

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I have a suggestion.  Stop listing items that you can't ship for a month.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

The rules shouldn't apply to you.

You have perfect feedback.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Doesnt matter how long you have been buying and selling.

FB for buyers is always 100%

FB for sellers ... maybe/maybe not but eBay only looks at that for restricting accounts or higher fees.

You as a seller didnt put your account on "time away"

You had 2 items sell that you could not ship within your handling time.

The buyer being OK with it is neither here nor there.

You as a seller have a standard to meet in shipping within your handling time.

You didnt meet it. 

No exceptions are made. It isnt personal it is business.

Only thing I can suggest is to make sure you ship on time and eventually the limit and extra fees will go away.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I think that we have different definitions of what perfect means. Are you rounding up to 100%?

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@myallante1993 wrote:

any suggestions,

Ya, when you're away and can't ship, use Time Away and hide your listings until you return.

Ebay doesn't care why you couldn't ship, they just know you didn't ship within your handling time.

Have a great day.
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Yes, I have a suggestion: don't do that again.

Seriously, just sell some smaller items to get your number back up to Above Standard before the next eval and you'll be good.  Relatively cheap lesson to learn I'd say.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I have been buying and selling on Ebay since 1998 with over 714 feedback all perfect

Perhaps on the other account. But on this account, you have a negative.

Somehow i forgot to put my account on hold.

That's unfortunate.

I sold two items while i was in florida and I explained to the buyer it would be a month before i could ship the item.

That's unfortunate.

Now ebay and metrics are limiting my selling and raised the fee they charge me.

That's unfortunate.

I called Ebay but the computer makes all the decisions and I didn't get anywhere. 

If all it took to avoid maintain standards was calling eBay and saying "somehow I forgot", there would be no point is having seller standards.

any suggestions, other then to start using Marketplace?

Next time, remember.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

The rules shouldn't apply to you.

You have perfect feedback.

I also admire the sellers who post here to say "eBay should remove the negative feedback I just got, because until that happened I had perfect feedback"

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

The poster made a mistake it is not necessary to demean this person with "That's Unfortunate"  People on this board are getting more nasty everyday. It's really kind of sad. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

"That's unfortunate" isn't nasty.  It's a simple statement of fact.  Don't be so easily offended on the part of others?

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I am sure you regret making this post based on the answers you received by the same usual Superstars who can't wait to pounce and make immature comments. You came here looking for some advice and what you mostly got were nasty and sarcastic comments. It is a real shame that this board has come to this as it used to be a good source of information from experienced ebayers who wanted to help. 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@luxgoods wrote:

The poster made a mistake it is not necessary to demean this person with "That's Unfortunate"  People on this board are getting more nasty everyday. It's really kind of sad. 

It is not nasty or demeaning to say those things were unfortunate. It is unfortunate that some people are so negative they would think that.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

The poster made a mistake and seems to be hoping for some sort of special exemption - and that's unfortunate.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply