cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is loaded with glitches and bugs..... views bulk edit and item specifics glitches

just posted a few days ago and my 6th day of calling into ebay to address what is going on with my sellers account. well well well a rep finally noticed that my account was all out of wack!  views ,search promoted listings and bulk edit were all glitchy. the rep said that there was a major issue 2 months ago that affected many accounts  she didnt say what it was but yes i knew it!  my dramatic drop in views and sales started 47 days ago and still continue. who the hell knows what will be done - rep said she will call me back with a service ticket number and forwarded it along which means my account will still be dead in the water for another 40+ days.  well ebay its been a nice run i will be going on indeed tonight to find a 9-5 job or focus more on my amazon sellers account.  just a fyi to everyone who reads this if you think something is wrong with your account just keep calling until you find that magical rep who speaks english well enough to see that you are not a fool and possibly know what you are talking about. 

wish me luck on looking for a 9-5 job i hear its a rough hiring market now.  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Ebay is loaded with glitches and bugs..... views bulk edit and item specifics glitches

I do not know what field your looking in for a job but i hope you hook one right away. Its hard to believe that they could not somehow get this fixed. Did she say why it would take 40 more days to fix? Well best wishes i hope it all works out.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I took a look at your recent sales, and I wish my account was as "out of wack" as yours.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Wow i just checked and your right. Original poster can you screw up my account like yours.  I would take that every month.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@albanysales8259 wrote:

my 6th day of calling into ebay to address what is going on with my sellers account.  a rep finally noticed that my account was all out of wack!  views ,search promoted listings and bulk edit were all glitchy. the rep said that there was a major issue 2 months ago that affected many accounts .  

They say that to anyone who calls. It is a standard operating procedure to get you off the phone. There have been no bugs or glitches.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@albanysales8259 wrote:

Ebay is loaded with glitches and bugs

Welcome to ebay. How has your first day been so far?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

So, you're saying that selling auto parts on eBay as a career is not a Guaranteed Fit?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Ha good one you must work in the call center

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

No replies at all. Typical eBay 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

If use to be very profitable. Now it’s so so. I mean when I buy items for $50 and sell for $1500 I’d say it’s good 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Same thing with my account! A couple of months ago, I was actually in another sellers account!! I was logging into my account and ended up seeing another sellers listings from the sellers point of view!! I could have deleted or changed any of their listings!!! I quickly logged out. Since then I've been getting messages from supposed buyers asking for reduced prices but their accounts have no history, buying or selling, and no profile picture. I'll respond to their questions but they will continue to ask the same question, and never buy the item. I messaged one of them back that I was reporting them, and they messaged back that I was not nice, lol.  Also the messages are not grammatically correct and appear to be written by someone with English as second language. I've called ebay several times and I always get an ebay rep from overseas that I can't understand and they never want to actually do the work to investigate. I've started setting up an Amazon account, which is far more complicated than ebay but probably worth it. I'll also focus more on my Etsy account. Ebay customer service is getting worse and worse. Good luck to you and thank you for your post 😊

Message 11 of 11
latest reply