cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay bends over (forwards) for buyers and shafts sellers once again

I love how they try to make it seem like a benefit to indulge buyer's remorse Return policies updates" Starting in May 2018, we will streamline our return policy options. Buyer expectations are continuously evolving, and we strive to deliver a return experience that is consistent and competitive with the changing marketplace. Our simplified return policy options will help drive a retail-standard return experience for buyers, and may help boost your sales. We recommend that you begin changing your return policies now. The five return policy options will be: No returns accepted 30-day buyer-paid returns 30-day free returns 60-day buyer-paid returns 60-day free returns Restocking fees will no longer be a return option.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes oh thank you eBay for "simplifying" it for me so I no longer have to decide on a restocking fee of 10 or 20 percent. You've taken that out for me completely so I don't have that tough decision to make.

Whaaaat? And you also made it so I won't have to decide which returns are remorse because they'll be treated like SNADs from now on? Thanks eBay!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'm going to stick with my "no return" policy.  It's saved me several times in the past and hopefully will do the same in the future.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If you think Ebay is making these changes "for the buyers" you're crazy. They're following the money.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tableclothwrote:

If you think Ebay is making these changes "for the buyers" you're crazy. They're following the money.

without the buyer,there wont be any money?

race to the bottom as more brick and mortar retailers beef up their ecommerce,when was the last time you shop on AMZN,it aint cheap anymore,in fact it is more expensive than some independent sites.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Does Anybody really know where the "standards" eBay is talking about is coming from? What Mail order or eshopping retailer really offer free returns on remorse returns?

I ordered vertical Blind fins for My daughter's patio door and some metal clips to fix the blinds in her rental apartment. The total order was $27.78. I had to return them as the color was wrong. (my fault as I needed white instead of alabaster.) I filled out a return request through Amazon and for return shipping I had to pay $9.96 for shipping for the return. I have no problem with that as it WAS MY MISTAKE! 

So, again...WHO DOES GIVE FREE SHIPPING ON REMORSE RETURNS? Amazon is one of the biggest online retailers and they don't give FREE shipping on remorse returns...

IMHO it is just a grab for MORE money off of the backs of Sellers to make their bottom line LOOK better...Obviously MOST Sellers because of the problems with some products that are too heavy to pay return shipping or products like clothing, shoes etc. where the return rate would go up to a much higher percentage of returns. (think clothing rentals, camera rentals, Yard equipment, ) Are not going to care and they are NOT going to offer free returns for ANY REASON... This gives eBay a chance to make a small percentage of additional money from Sellers who have worked hard for TRS+. 

It might also Make more money off of Small Sellers who end up downgrading to a smaller store...$7.95. monthly and end up paying $.35 for each listing after their 100 free listings. 

On the other hand, Sellers who are using Chinese and foreign stores for their stock might come out better If they can offer free returns. Because Foreign Sellers can't compete with returns coming back from America to who knows where...

Charging for each listing MIGHT help get rid of the thousands of "dead" listings that may take years to sell...that also saves eBay money for the "dead" stock taking up server space. That might be a plus for Sellers also.

I have read on these boards that eBay might be implementing a policy in the future for the 50 free listing allowed each Seller to end...Serious part-time Sellers would probably pay for and buy the 100 listing basic store...also making them more money. (Someone mentioned that the New policy might not give / will not offer free listings anymore) I did not see in the new policy where it said that...

I saw the buy Box feature coming to eBay for quite a while, That will make Sellers having to sell items pennies apart from each other. Individual Sellers will lose their identities that way. Buyers will just buy the cheapest item. Sellers who pay more for their stock than perhaps Other Sellers who buy in bulk will have an advantage. This can also cause MORE problems. I vet My Sellers on items that have several Sellers with just a little bit of cost differences. I WILL PAY MORE from a Seller who hasn't had problems with their Accounts. I DO sometimes choose a Seller who offers returns for buyers remorse "just in case" I have a problem. I CERTAINLY DON'T expect free shipping back though!  I am MORE THAN willing to pay for MY errors. The buy Box concept might cause "MORE" returns. Buyers who generally get something that they have to pay for shipping back, don't complain about it, others don't go through the hassle of doing a return and either resell it or re-gift it.

Then HOW will eBay know that an item that a Seller sells will come back in on a return? What about the Buyers who send rocks back? eBay will still have to side with the Buyer...More losses for the Seller...

New in the Box items Sellers Sell will take a hit Without the restocking fee. Laptops and almost any New in the BOX item loses value when it is opened. Amazon tells Buyers from the get-go that IF YOU return a "new in the box" electronic That Amazon will subtract a percentage for the opened box. The items then are sent directly to Amazon and they TEST the return and If You are a "liar" buyer Amazon charges the restocking fee. Amazon then has an area where THEY resell Opened stock at a discount Themselves.

Perhaps this whole thing about "we will cover Your butt buy allowing Sellers to give partial refunds might alleviate this problem"...I don't have faith in eBay that this will happen. The Buyer can/will just go to their Credit card and file a chargeback and get the rest of their money back...

Sorry I know some of this IS OT but these situations have NOT been addressed...Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
latest reply