cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay and AI?

Hey everyone I wanted to know what other sellers thought about ebay going AI? 

Personaly I think it might be a huge headache for us with some robot describing our items by the image we upload? 

Anyways, have a great night everyone.

Gee

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay and AI?

@geeauction wrote:

Personaly I think it might be a huge headache for us with some robot describing our items by the image we upload? 

Gee

Some like it, some don't, some use it, some don't.

Don't want it, don't use it. EBay isn't forcing you to use it ... and I haven't heard any plans to do such a thing (doubt they would).

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ebay and AI?

@geeauction wrote:

Gee

If a bunch of sellers upload the same item, everyone will get the same text. (AI itself verified that from a question I asked it). So how are you going to prominently stand out from the thundering herd? You'll just be another Waldo.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ebay and AI?

I never thought of it that way but your absolutely right, everyone will have the sane description.. that should be great for sells...(sarcastically saying)

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ebay and AI?

I think that AI can be useful as a guide. Some people don't have a writing talent so AI could be used as a guide, but not a solution. Again, my opinion. What I am seeing, and it just makes me crazy, are sellers that have no idea of what they are selling, nor do they take the time to do research. These sellers leave it up to AI to describe the item completely based on an item's title. I then assume that the INRs will be increasing since many times the title and the description and item specifics do not match together with the photos etc..  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply