cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Hold payments for account updates

Ebay hold my payments until I updated my information which I did, but still holding my payments, It looks like I have to register my online business to my county, I picked DBA which means individual seller or proprietor but still sytem denying my information, do I need to get a business registration or certificate just to sell sell car decal online? Please help. this is the only way I know, my full time job is not enough to feed family and selling helps pay the bills. If I dont updated my information by October 14, 2023 they might close my store, i even sent my driver's license front and back already. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@thecrazyfrog 

I would open a new account and register it as a business.  Make sure all info matches exactly.  Your ID, your eBay account, bank account, etc. Must match perfectly.  

Good luck and Happy Selling!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@thecrazyfrog 

Be aware that even if you get the account open and active, you will find that ebay can and will likely hold your funds for up to 30 days. New or returning sellers without a 90 day history are subject to holds. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&s...

If this is money you need to put food on the table, you might have to find another way to sell for cash.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

"register my online business to my county" Your profile shows you are in the USA, you need to show the actual country you live in if you do not live in the USA. You can be on and sell on the USA site but need to signup showing actual country you live in. Could cause issues with payouts. 

If you are drop shipping from the location shown in the listings, have you read the requirements for drop shipping?

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/drop-shipping?id=4176&st=3...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If you are a sole proprietor, you will register your business as YOUR name, not the business name/DBA.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

But I use my Ebay username not my real name, you meant my selections was wrong?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

What will happen to my existing one that has 100% rpositive reviews, like starting over again?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Account Settings>Personal Info (Business info)>

Under Business details where it says business name, a sole proprietor would enter their name, not the business name.

Business type would be individual.

For IRS purposes, a sole proprietor's name is the business name. 

When you set up the business info, they are looking for the information that will appear on your tax return. 

Your eBay ID stats such as feedback will not be affected as you will still be using the same eBay ID. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

You are right, I just solved it by following your advice,  I kept putting my Ebay username instead of my real name, when I put it, the system accepted it because It matches my bank and social security. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply